Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>KOS,<br>
    People would like you to believe the worst case of anything is not possible. The truth is much different. A brief review of history shows extremely bad things happen. Not everyone shares the same mores and ethical view point about death. It is impossible that nukes will not be used again, and in fact totally illogical to assume that it can’t happen.

Again?

When were nukes used before?

Slight differences from the A bombs on Japan.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

*chuckle* slight. sure glad they decided 20 MT was enough for one warhead at air burst.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly are you really telling the world that Japan was not nuked because the old bombs were not as big as the new bombs?

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

i might be wrong, but i think whirlibird was pointing out the difference between the “A”BOOM and the “H”BOOM.

we have never used the H in war.

its a patato vrs potato to most people. but nuclear war and thermo nuclear war are two different things if you get technical about it. (i think, don’t quote me on it i get my terms messed up sometimes)

last i heard they thought it was possible to go a step further past H… but the first time they tested an H above ground cooled their heels a bit, almost killed everyone within “safe distance”. its also the reason all tests are done underground now.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    To a madman that only provides a better reason to use one, not the other way around.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

*nods

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mutually Assured Destruction is not assured.

“Key parts of U.S. nuclear arsenal have become virtual Cold War museums
    The debate over how to modernize America’s aging nuclear forces has taken on increasing urgency with the emergence of a newly assertive Russia and a new generation of nuclear powers with increasing technological sophistication.

North Korea, Pakistan and India all are working quickly to improve their nuclear arsenals and delivery systems. By next year, China is expected to be capable of delivering a nuclear strike anywhere in the continental U.S. for the first time in its history — a threat that Russia has posed for decades.

“While the nuclear confrontation between the United States and Russia cooled off after the 1991 fall of the Soviet Union, it has never ended. Indeed, the long-held hope for continual reductions in nuclear forces now seems unattainable, nuclear arms analysts say. For the first time in years, the U.S. and Russia each have increased the number of nuclear warheads deployed over the latest six-month monitoring period — the U.S. by 57 additional weapons and Russia by 131.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nukes-silos-20141110-story.html#page=1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

As unthinkable as nuclear war is, there have always been madmen across history for whom no price is too great in order to achieve their objectives.

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i have been reading all u guys posts on the situation in between ukraine and russia im definately out of my depth here but i have a question ide love to hear yalls opinion on if you wouldnt mind’ since all out nuclear war would leave all involved decimated and the fought for territory basically useless would you see it possible for limited strikes knowing that seeing the horror of it may take the taste of nukes out of everybodys mouth .wouldnt e.m.p. and a massive invasion make common sense say in the case of the u.s maybe canadian border ,mexico border and east coast and west coast all basically at the same time like i said im no analyst wondered yalls take on it

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

HBC, the problem with a limited strike is that it wouldn’t stay limited.

The problem goes like this.
    Topeka, DC and LA all vanish in a blinding light.
    How? Long range missiles from russia or china? They will be seem and before they had landed, our response will have been sent.

Pakistan, Israel and others see this and its time to settle old scores.

Ok, suitcase bombs.
    Right now that’s about the only way for anyone to remain even slightly anonymous. But then the CIA will be cut loose to do the voodoo they do. Granted they have issues in peacetime but when the reins are cut loose, it wouldn’t take long and reprisals would begin.

Hmm, high altitude EMP. (Satellite)
    Considering we know about every piece of space junk up there and who put it there, something happens over Topeka we have a fair idea who did it.

That leaves rocket delivery.
    From a cargo ship in the gulf, a suicide jetliner or such.
    Its unlikely to take down the entire country, portions yes and unlikely the majority of the military.

All will make a mess of civilian life for a whole, but all are still unlikely.

As for invasion, from Mexico for example.
    EMP goes off, Texans are without cold beer and AC for two days.
    Its gonna be a slaughter.
    And the Texans will not be the losers.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Invasion is always possible with a world population this size and a limited amount of farm land, oil, and sexually frustrated east indian/ chinese men.

America has some deep divisions right now tho, so i expect it will go into a form of civil war with martial law etc. Canada as well.

As far as limited strikes go, I haven’t much faith in humanity, its really hard to say what might happen. On one hand we do good things, on another we feed children to hungry dogs.

Its crop failure due to nuclear winter that scares me with the limited exchange. That and any kind of power plant problems due to emp… fukushima is a great example of a big problem that could kill everything in the northern hemisphere… (celebrate being alive, they fixed it finally as of the other week).

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m not convinced the US could react as rapidly as we are lead to believe. The whole land based nuclear force has deteriorated. It was the place for the top guys 40-50 years ago. Now it’s the last place anyone in the Air Force wants to be stationed. Things wlll go wrong and not work, lots of maintenance items will suddenly appear. Plus before an missile attack is launched a cyber attack will come first. Who knows what systems can be disabled, certainly the White House willcome under heavy attack. Last month a portion of their systems were hacked. If the cyber attack disrupts communication the nukes won’t fly. It used to be they launch, we launch, everyone dies. Now I don’t see it being so cut and dry.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A few thinks here.

74 introduces a new complication as concerns ability to respond. Any attack, be it nuclear, emp, conventional or otherwise would likely be preceded by a cyber attacks as he suggested, The Chinese, and likely others too, have gotten very good at this, and all of these successful intrusions we keep reading about are part of their testing and debugging efforts. The recent media reports of that malware that is is everywhere in our systems is most assuredly there waiting for WWIII to commence.

As for limited nukes, if the big 3 (US, China, Russia) are involved, it could not possibly stay limited. If the smaller players go at it, then maybe it could stay limited so long as the big 3 stay out of it. Not sure whether they could though.

If North Korea or Iran could EMP us, I suspect they would, even if it wasn’t nation-wide. North Korea likely wouldn’t care if we knew it was them who did it. Iran would likely launch from off one of our coasts and then scuttle the ship as part of a suicide attack approach in hopes of it not being pinned on them. Hopefully the NSA still has time to spy on someone other than US citizens and would know Iran was planning something like that, but who knows anymore. An EMP is my biggest fear.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

oh yea… absolutely agree that communications will go down before any attack (stop that pesky internet from posting videos of any false flag, so they can blame whoever they want). the internet has been the greatest tool for freedom ever in our history. lots of people out there are collecting data, encyclopedias, indeed whole library’s, even cataloging web pages and profile from the internet (not just intelligence agencys).

a faraday cage is a good thing to know how to make. a little insulation, cardboard maybe, wrapped in 40 layers of tin foil, and placed in a cardboard box with one layer of tinfoil should do for any sensitive micro chips. Couldnt hurt to also have it in a static proof bag.

after communications go down, we get to really see the power of propaganda and the ability of intell people to stir **** up…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    By far the easiest thing is using a microwave oven for a cage.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.