Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Happened this morning my side of the world. Reddit said 32 tanks 30 support trucks and howtzers. pardon the spelling.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Its about time !! glad Putin is getting off his ass . Thats not a huge amount , but it may turn the tide on the ground for the separatists . You cant afford to have an unstable country on your border , and not take action of some kind . When the Mexican Revolution was going on , the US sent General Pershing , and troops , down to the border to keep an eye on it , and yes we did go into Mexico on occasion .

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

i get nervous the closer russia gets to the defenses of romania and poland.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Romania and Poland are both now NATO countries , I dont think Russia would try anything towards them . I think Putin is trying to figure out a way to get back some of khrushchev’s mistake . As for Ukraine , if the provinces want to separate …………..let them !!!!! and everybody can go to their perspective sides and move forward . You cant move into prosperity if you have war on your soil .Just Sayin

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

So Russia has declared war on the Ukraine.

Sending an invasion force, this will not end well.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I find it unsettling that something like this isn’t a big news story.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

What, not like its an invasion of a sovereign country.
    Oh wait……

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

32 tanks is hardly an invasion , they are capable of much much much more . We will see how they are used , they may aid the rebels , they may be there to insure border security . I know its hard for Americans to visualize their government actually doing something about their borders . But there are countries that take it more seriously .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Crossing the border isnt securing it.
    And yes that would be an invasion.
    Its an armed military force there against the wishes of the government.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Russia moved a lot of balistic missiles close the the border as well.I read today that Putin’s purpose is to break NATO. I couldn’t say that with certainty, however it’s clear there is a larger purpose to the activities in the Ukraine beyond supporting the separatists.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I doubt NATO will come to the aid of Ukraine, beyond some verbal blustering. The Crimea is back with Russia for good, and at least a portion of what’s left of Ukraine will become theirs as well. Looking at the long history of Poland and the Baltics, I wouldn’t be taking great comfort in NATO either. I don’t expect anything imminent concerning them but longer term I can see Russia starting to exert greater influence there.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a article written outside of the normal US press perspective.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/05/25/364071/putin-sees-chance-to-break-up-nato/

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I could be wrong , but I dont think Putin could break NATO , the Ukraine is yet unaligned , therefore open for annexation of the provinces that want to go to Russia . Whatever his plans are , you can bet that they have been thought out very carefully as to the European reaction . Look at Crimea , that was a different story , because they held an internationally monitored vote to join Russia . Agree with it or not ………this gave Putin legitimacy to take action , without repercussions . THe only ones still crying about that is the US , the Europeans dont care . If he takes the separatist provinces and stops there …………..its over , and he wins . He could point to that as restoring order to the region ………something NATO and the Europeans have not done . But whatever his goals are in that region , you can bet that the risks have been well considered , like any good Mafia boss would , weigh the Pro’s and Con’s for the action you are about to take . If US influence continues to decline , other things may be possible , but not until later . Putin may not look it , but he is getting old , his years in office are numbered . The next leader of the Russian Federation may be of an entirely different cut of cloth . Just Sayin .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

What ever Putin’s real purpose is I think it will happen while Obama is in office.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree , hit while our leadership is incompetent …………..unfortunately I dont see that changing , no matter who gets i” Selected ” president ……….I say selected , because the people sure and hell dont elect them , or it would be by popular vote only ……….which it should be . I personally like Putin , yeah , he is a thug , but he does other things I approve of . To me , he kind of embodies what America lost in leadership .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.