Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom ,
    you proved my point . Before you can feed people dreams , you must first feed them ! I dont see Apple , IBM , Microsoft or the facebook crowd doing that . Cant eat electronics man . And thats the problem , we have raised a people who are totally dependent on their electronic devices , their life revolves around them , we have raised a people who are afraid to get their hands dirty . The people that are willing to get their hands dirty , dont speak English . Farmers , Ranchers , and miners will be a hell of a lot more needed and valuable than the IT geek . Just sayin …………..especially if half the crap no longer works , or is regulated to the point that its not worth using . We are in trouble , and our population is one of the main reasons . We are conservatives here on this site , but the majority of the country is no longer conservative , we are a minority , the rest of the country does not think the way we do ………………….and they dont want or know how to get their hands dirty ……….and that is what will be needed . And all those great inventions you speak of ?…………………….who is going to produce them ? we gave up our manufacturing base a long time ago , we import for a reason …………..WE DONT MAKE ANYTHING ……except war . We export that very freely .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, coming from Massachusetts and now living in Vermont, I am long used to conservatives very much being in the minority but I would note that the huge permaculture movement where I used to live and the back to the land movement in general was entirely comprised of very liberal young people. I see the same thing where I live now. Given New England isn’t exactly the easiest place to be starting up agricultural endeavors due to climate and topography, they are an innovative and hard working lot. The young conservative types mostly headed for the cities where the money is.

Loss of the manufacturing base will bite us hard one of these days. Where I used to live there had been a huge tap and die industry once upon a time but its mostly gone now and the skilled guys are up in age. Such skills take time to acquire.

There is no doubt but that our national affluence in combination with our having not had war come to our land for the past 150 years has made us grow soft in many ways but if I were a betting man, I’d put my money on our facing into the harsh realities when they hit and doing better than most countries will. It is hard to erase the underlying culture that made this country great.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I see your point but see my point that is do you see or find another country that is producing inventions like the U. S.? Also Europe has had the Social problem of no work or jobs for years, Spain has a 50% unemployment and France, Italy has the same problems. There young have had the problems of living on the government for years. China doesn’t have a middle class. If you are not part of the government and pay the government more then 50% of your revenue you can’t do business. In China the government owns everyone’s business, they are your partner and they can close you down. So why would any Chinese invent anything if it will be owned by the government?

Right now the U. S. is still the largest inventor in the world, the only other counties that invent are Germany, South Korea, Japan which has slowed down on inventions, and a small amount of inventions come from some European countries.

We invent and then let China produce the products because it is cheaper, but without the inventions of the U. S. companies the Chinese will have a problem.

Russia has a lot of riches in natural resources like oil and gas but so does the U. S.

If there was a U. S. collapse I see the rest of the world in a collapse too and at the end if the U. S. stops imports because of the collapse it may start the beginning of a comeback of manufacturing our product in the U. S.

Tolik I still think that the conservatives are about 40 to 48% of the country and we will be the one’s to rebuild the country back to what it was. I believe my friend, I love all of you guys more then what you think and I still believe in America and in all of us. We are stronger and smarter. We will turn America around.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Germans are pretty darn good and science and invention .
    MountainBiker , I used to live in Maine years back , when I was there , one of the last textile mills shut down . Very sad as it was one of the last in the US . Wallmart cheap stuff , we will find out is not that cheap , We have yet to realize just how expensive our choices are going to be .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes the Germans are very good. I like there tools, they make incredible cars and are great drug makers.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

What inventions have you done recently or is this like every other “fallen” empire dreams of past glory no way to get it back? Name one superpower that has risen again in our earths history?

as for inventions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators

notice the last Industrial design registrations in force for the top 10 offices, 2012
    that mean held and being used

1 China 1,132,132
    2 United States 269,501

why would Chinese invent something huh? Just like all the post ww2 inventions never would have thought those would come from paper clip recruits?

how is this even close to USA are inventors bs your are spouting freedom?

investors in the world usa is top with a 181 billion according to FDI of 2014 with china at 124 billion russia 58 billion. Ask yourself is “investing” money considering debt structure is china has 31.6% to gdp
    usa 72.5% russia is around 13% a mere reflection of spending other peoples money as you cant really afford it?
    Putting another fancy dinner with clients that you hope pays off in future?or is it betting your future on a lottery ticket win? or a lucky day at the track? Betting with money you dont have and owe interest on immediately.

Think freedom if china turned production for 10 years only sold to Chinese and bought all materials and produced as much as today it would raise the standard of living to low middle class in usa equivalent in china and put their debt at 45% to gdp since most chinese collect and save money unlike usa who collect debt. could usa survive without cheap goods? peopel kill each other over a parking spot a cheap item on black friday….. what will happen when shops have no junk to sell?

there is a long dark spot before any light my country too will face this pain but longer we deny it the longer it will fester the more it will cost us to fix. No country doing what USA is has lasted so long world reserve currency was a boon that was squandered on cheap plastic disposable walmart junk. wait till you need to buy other currencies like the rest of the world to get your toys. The north american yuan exchange was won by Canada

as for biggest buyers a buyer is someone who has something to exchange for goods a thief is someone who takes it without paying…. without FED and china you would have no one to buy your debt you are bankrupt buying on credit past due.

as for free to set up any business? lets look at that, first you need to incorporate then you need to get licence
    after than you need to pick spot in correct zoning then you need tax number then you need banking registration. then you need fire marshal ok that is not at all asking government for permission does it? lets see what happens if you fail to do anyone of these i think we all know guess what government shuts you down and in some cases jails you while holding your money.

you mean free to have them take your property to the tune of 2.6 billion seized by police last year. wow such freedom or maybe so free to get groped at airport for security theater? Or stopped and asked to show me your papers or that is resisting arrest which you can die for while handcuffed in the back of a police car. at least here we take you out to freeze to death on side of road in middle of winter with t shirt and jeans you have some chance of making it. You dont have freedom unless you do what they say and when. you probably believe the line they hate us for our freedom… has nothing to do with your foreign policy of telling other people you need to do it OUR WAY not the way your own people decide.

For the cars it is a statement they dont sell to usa because they have other markets which usa products can never penetrate due to cost and inferior craftsmanship. what you said about chinese was what was said about japan a few decades agos the best seconds ever, now which is top and which is bottom

Where i live only freedom we dont share is the guns unless you have an old licence for prohibited which you cant get any more, unless you are special.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

namelus, what country do you live in and are you native to there? Americans tend to be very self-critical as evidenced by the Americans on this forum forever complaining about our govt. and other assorted matters. We are well aware of our problems and admit that the trend lines aren’t good. It is just that wherever I look the rest of the world is either linked to the US in a way that our downfall will mean their downfall or they have problems equal to or greater than our own. China is particularly bad off for reasons already noted. I hold out some hope for Russia eventually, but they will continue to be plagued for quite a long time to come with the repercussions of the Soviet Union era. There are a couple bright spots in Europe still, but Europe as a whole is also on a down slide too. Africa is a complete disaster and beyond hope. The Mid East is hell bent on self destruction. South America has held itself back for so long that it seems entrenched for quite a long time to come. India has come a long way in a short time and has had amazing success but their over population relative to their resources will continue to plague them for the foreseeable future. I understand that much of the world hates the US, but they never seem to refuse our foreign aid or having our military protect them, and a major share of their elite continue to send their kids to our private high schools and to our universities. They buy homes in the US in droves (especially the Chinese these days), and there is a whole industry out there catering to foreign elites who come to the US for their kids to be born and have US citizenship (again, especially the Chinese these days). The illegals from Mexico & Central America get all of the publicity, but there is great demand on the part of the world’s educated and ambitious doing whatever they have to to get into the US.

Good luck to you in your chosen country, but for me, acknowledging that we have many serious problems to contend with, I don’t see any place else I’d rather take my chances in. If I felt compelled to leave, it would be for Canada ( I am a dual citizen).

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

On another note , Putins current approval ratings are at 84% in his country . That is not likely to change soon , even if the economy hits hard times , unlike us , he does understand his own people very well . Your talking about a leader that has not known such popularity within his own country , sense Roosevelt in the 30’s and 40’s here . So we think we will be able to influence that population with sanctions ? We are the enemy in their eyes , not because they want it that way , but because we want it that way . Thats how they see it . As far as the Chinese inventing anything , why should they ? when our corporations give it to them on a silver platter to produce for them ? All they have to do is copy it , then sell it back to us at half the price . In that respect , which one is actually the stupid one ? Its a communist country , they can sign all the non compete agreements that make us feel better they want to , but once its in their country , its fair game . We know this , yet continue to keep doing what we are doing .
    MountainBiker , Russia has also come a long way in a short amount of time , changing over to a government and economic system that was diametrically opposed to each other , is not an easy task . They now have more millionaires than the US , or western Europe . THey have a long way to go , but one thing westerners , especially Americans dont get ………..is that they will never be like we are . They will never be that liberal ……..ever . We need to accept them for that , as they have a right to be that way . We need to stop criticizing every little thing about them on one hand , then be all hugs and kisses with middle eastern muslims like the Saudi’s and not say a word on the other hand . Remember Saddam Husein ? we helped create that monster .Just sayin .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

namelus, I also do not know where you are from but I can tell you I am in Florida, Miami and the houses and condos are selling like never before. Almost all are buyers from Europe, China, South Americans, Central Americans, and YES Russians. The Russians are investing in South Beach by the millions so I think that no matter how bad things will get here the rich are all putting there monies here because when the U. S. collapse happens they all know for a fact that there countries will collapse to a point of no return and they are taking there monies and buying properties here.

namelus, Good luck! You better prepare for what is coming your way.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, You are right ” As far as the Chinese inventing anything , why should they ? when our corporations give it to them on a silver platter to produce for them ? All they have to do is copy it ”

But what and where is China going to do if the U. S. collapse happens? No more copying, no more selling to us. Then what happens to China? Collapse!

Russia will collapse too but they are a strong people and will make it though because they have been though communism and they have oil which will be valuable in the future.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik you are right on multiple points. That which the Chinese don’t steal outright we let them steal when we put production in China so as to save money. I really don’t understand why industry has let it go on for as long as they have. Your point about other cultures not thinking like we do or having the same set of values also leaves me incredulous that we can’t seem to accept that fact. We waste much of our treasure and good will trying to make others look just like us. I’m all for pulling back on our presence around the world and starting to mind our own business.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb,
    Instead of pulling back we’re still going the other way.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree we are 74, but I think sentiment amongst the general populous is is starting to grow weary of endless wars and the expense of trying to be the world’s cop. At least I am.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

why do you think they are investing freedom? maybe getting rid of useless dollar before it bottoms out after all china hold 1/3 of your debt and russians hold untold billions since glasnost. Might as well buy you out at bargain basement prices . as for stuff selling well in florida http://insiderealestate.heraldtribune.com/2013/10/02/shadow-inventory-will-hang-over-florida-for-two-years/

basically selling properties for less than they are worth, you call that success freedom?

chinese have went from 3.4 trillion in combined cash and bonds to less than 2 now they know if they exit too fast they will lose if they exit slow enough they will buy america for a few trillion in plastic junk what a steal. If american decides to not honor land holdings they have two choices world court or war. either one would lead to disaster for everyone.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The Russians are good at hoarding money , few realize this , but the Imperial Russian family was so wealthy , that to this day , if you can prove blood relation , there is a trust fund available to those in line to the Imperial throne . The Tsar (s) had money invested privately all over the world . That was a long time ago .
    If the US were to collapse economically , and decide not to honor land holdings of the Chinese , there is not a damn thing they could do about it ……………….invade us ? Good luck !!!!! , if our economy does collapse , the damage will have already been done . You cant kill a person more than one time . Just Sayin .

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.