Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Just read where a Russian analyst is suggesting that if things heat up between the US and Russia that they lob 2 nukes. The first into Yellowstone, believing that it will cause a massive eruption that will wipe out most of the country. The second would be to set off a nuke on the San Andreas fault, causing a major quake and tidal wave.

His belief is that the US will cease to exist after those two events. Not an expert on either area. Does what he has to say make sense? I know I’ve heard that the Yellowstone caldera is becoming more active. Would a nuke cause an eruption?

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Road,

The reason why there are so many “experts” in government is because there are too many Carnies in the world.

If Russia lobbed even ONE at us, the response would be… unpleasant for them. They know it and we know it.

Second thing is what this ‘expert’ says – it’s literally the plot of the first Superman movie made back in 1978. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_%281978_film%29

As far as the Yellowstone caldera? The answer isn’t satisfactory, at least not for me. The answer is “It depends”.

Depends on
    1. IF a nuke would set off the Yellowstone caldera.
    2. IF it goes off as a result, then how big an eruption will it be?
    3. Which way the prevailing winds are blowing.
    4. How strong those winds are.
    5. What time of year this all goes down.

According to the USGS, it could be anything from a smallish ash cloud covering 4 states to a really big one that covers everything from Mexico to Canada, from California to the Mississippi River…

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/yellowstone/yellowstone_sub_page_91.html

Even IF the Yellowstone caldera went off all on its own, that in itself wouldn’t “destroy” the United States. Oh, we’d take a hit, for sure, but not a knockout blow. Our food production – especially grains – would take a serious hit, due to the fact that most of the plains states are right in the ash cloud/layer zone of all computer models (built on previous eruption data). But us “destroyed”? Eh, no…. not so much.

I’m thinking this is just dizinformatsiya, meant to get us all bent out of shape and worried… a much bigger threat would be multiple nukes biffed over the US, setting up an EMP. Then whoever did it can just sit back and eat cornflakes while we kill each other over the last can of Beanee Weenies… once we’re reduced to a pitifully small number and half starved, then it’s time to worry…

[attachment file=”They”]

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Road,
    I don’t believe a nuke could cause Yellowstone to errupt. The magma requires internal pressures from the earth to forcefully eject. If it had that much pressure built up it would blow on it’s own. As to the fault in California. ..so what?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

On the upside of that , Kalifornia would be gone !!!!!!!!!! Yuma beach club . probably take a year just to collect all the floaters washing up , but looting the bodies would probably pay for the disposal . Submarine tours of the sunken cities could be big business . I did see a show that did a simulation of what they think will happen when the plate does drop . Kalifornia would be totally gone except for some islands that used to be mountains in the northern part , parts of Oregon would be taken out , as well as some of Baja mexico . They say that they wont really have any warning when it does drop except for large tremors before hand …………nothing they are not used to in that place . Also that its not an if , its a when . Volcanos can be real bad news , if enough ash is spread out into the atmosphere , global climates will change , that means crop failures , etc.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Nice th8ng about losing Kalifornia is that the national average IQ would increase by at least 20 points. We would also lose the biggest single drain on our national welfare system.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The Mt. Tambora eruption in Indonesia in 1815 caused the 1816 “year without a summer” in the Northeastern US. Summer freezes caused crops to fail and people starved.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think the Krakatoa eruption helped cause the Irish potato famine .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Next we’ll be hearing of the ruskie plans of “smert’ shpionam”.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

LOL! Great responses. I suspect most of the US when hearing California is gone would shrug and continue on with life secure in the knowledge that for a period of time they would not have to contend with the latest “cause” or must have thing.

The Yellowstone deal sounded crazy, but like I said, I’m no expert. I imagine they publish some the analysis our “experts spout off about Russia.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Sounds like science fiction movie yea.
    And is there “better” ways of attack other then those two nukes? And there s must be some response even if that is possible.

Sounds kinda interesting, but most probably just that.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Road,
    I don’t believe a nuke could cause Yellowstone to errupt. The magma requires internal pressures from the earth to forcefully eject. If it had that much pressure built up it would blow on it’s own. As to the fault in California. ..so what?

It might be easier to send long range quantum torpedoes into the path of a known asteroid and cause it to shift its trajectory onto a strategic spot in the U.S. Then they would have plausible deniability. It was just an experiment, like creating mini singularities to punch thru into other dimensions with the Hadron Collider. But we never expected those results.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It might be easier to launch a scud off a container ship 1 mile off shore, registered to Uganda. It only has to go up and go off. One ship on each corner of the US would ensure complete emp coverage. Game over.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.