Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Putin has put his forces on full combat readiness! What is going on?

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-orders-northern-fleet-full-alert-exercises-ria-073059816.html

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

45,000 troops is big , but not as a whole of the available military . NATO has done similar drills during the cold war , not so much as a show of force , but more to test cohesiveness of the multinational army . Ever wonder why the military uses civilian transport ? To correct a problem . The reason is that in almost every scenario NATO simulated , using only military transport …………….NATO lost the war . They couldnt get things where they needed to be fast enough , or in enough numbers . Exercises of this kind are actually needed , for them and for us . Logistics are a problem , even in modern times , large scale simulations make any problems quickly apparent , and allow a nation to correct the issue BEFORE they need it . Politics aside , it does have legitimate value , it might work well on paper ….but not as planned in actual practice . As far as arming the Novo’s , if they are …….so what , we do it with nations and factions we support , we are doing it now . The Novo’s have actually captured most of their equipment from the UAF , this includes tanks , APC’s , artillery , small arms , ammunition , and even a ground support fighter jet . I wonder how much is Ukrainian propaganda trying to save face about the embarrassing amount of equipment they have handed over to the rebs ? ” somebody MUST be giving them something ” After all , thats the same government that denied to the world about having 7000 troops trapped , starving , and cut off . Just Sayin
    Filtering through the BS is difficult for ordinary people like you and I , but if you look at the media of both sides , and both sides are going to try to paint a more rosy picture than it actually is , and vilify the other more than is fact ……….somewhere in the middle is whats actually going on . What is going on is that Ukraine is loosing the war , you dont suggest UN peacekeepers ( which actually might be the best solution ) if you are winning ……..or able to win , you dont go to your parliament and submit for a vote , special autonomy status for the eastern regions of your own country ……..unless your not winning the war .

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I’ve often wondered if someone in the Pentagon said, “You know if we give the local police departments our excess equipment, it will be in position if we need it.” Did they do a simulation, and decide that the equipment is National Guard armories was not sufficient to sustain certain scenarios.

Is Russia war gaming a similar situation?

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Roadracer, I have sometimes wondered something similar, though rather for appropriation by some 3 letter agency that couldn’t justify having such equipment now. In a similar vein I have long found it odd how the Dept. of Homeland Security has prioritized funding firetrucks and other equipment for fire depts all over the place. How exactly does buying a new firetruck for a town of 1,000 people make us more secure or better able to fight terrorism? Yet they’ve done it all over the place. I realize that DHS funding has been a pork bonanza for politicians getting the money spread around everywhere rather than smartly prioritizing, but they do seem to have a fixation with funding fire depts.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

MountainBiker ,
    they could be up to something , but on the other hand it makes a little sense . If a “terror ” group set off a bomb and started fires in a small town of 1000 …………without the truck to contain it , it would be a bucket brigade . When I was in Maine , one of the noreasters went through and knocked out the power in town for 3 days , the goobers in the country didnt get it back on for almost 3 weeks . As you know , in that part of the country , small towns are dotted all over the place , most with only one fire truck , and they do pool together in emergencies . I remember late at night , the cops had my street blocked off , I noticed a lot of fire trucks and lights as I walked in . What they were doing was using the trucks to lift line men to fix the electricity and get it going again , at the same time ( didnt know till the next day ) they were also fighting a house fire . The power came on , then a while later , I noticed that there were not only Biddeford trucks , but also Saco , Scarborough , and Wells trucks leaving the scene . These are all small towns with a low population , but because of the close proximity to each other , they were able to pool their resources and get a bigger job done . There are a lot of small towns without a fire department , and infrastructure wise , it is a weak link .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I know all those towns from friends and relatives that lived in them at various times. Been in the area many times. We currently have good friends in Wells. Mutual aid like what you describe is the norm in small town New England because nobody has enough equipment or manpower to do it all. And pretty much all the small towns have volunteer depts. Still, the small towns had firetrucks long before DHS showed up showering money on them. Usually they’d buy used ones from cities down South or in the MidWest. Those that don;’t get a grant from the DHS still do. DHS’s priorities just don’t make sense to me in this regard. Maybe it’s just pork politics without any deeper hidden agendas.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We cant trust them , so we must keep our eyes open .

Well its over again , the next chapter to begin shortly

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It sounds like there will be an expansion of fighting.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What would a day be without fighting going on somewhere.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A day without communism?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

A day with no people?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

A day without communism?

Or a day without Banksters , Religion , or Imperialism .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.