Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’m not ready to drop my belief that current Russia isn’t really just the USSR awaiting it’s resurfacing, stronger than ever. But I’ve significantly re-thought that, at least. There is a part of me that listens to Putin (and I’ve dug deep and listened to very extended speeches and interchanges of his), and I’m not willing to dismiss a possibility that he really is NOT out for world conquest, but that he’d be very happy to fully entrench Mother Russia within a footprint he deems appropriate to language, culture, and ethnicity. He actually seems to be grateful for the previous balance of power, in a sense, that the Cold War brought, with the old M.A.D. philosophy showing us that it was in our best national interests to drop the tension level considerably and take Rodney King’s advice to just all get along.

I’m also not convinced that Assad is the monster the western press has convinced us he is, or who’s REALLY dropping chemical weapons across Syria, etc. He may very well be, but I’m not at all convinced. Thus, Russia’s intervention there could be in Russia’s own best interests in that region – to finally stabilize what we have been unwilling/unable to stabilize (with emphasis, I believe, on the “unwilling” part).

Thus, given Uncle Joe’s provocative cyber-warfare comments, I can’t say that I blame Putin either in his returned threat, or his escalation on the extent of the potential conflict. In no way does that mean I admire the guy, or that I no longer see him as a threat. I doubt I’d ever drop my assessment of him as a very practical and cold-blooded individual, out for whatever motivates him. It’s just that I’m not so certain that world domination is his motivator. But fear of the United States certainly is a reasonable response on his part, and therefore a motivator at this point, given particularly this Administration’s actions. We’ve got a textbook case of how to royally screw up a foreign relations policy in 7½ years. Putin probably IS hoping (and praying, if he does pray) that Trump is elected. He probably believes he could deal with Trump on a mutually respectful basis. We certainly already know what he thinks and feels about Hillary!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Good thing the Russian kids go home – before they all go insane in the moronic media inferno.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

It’s Zero’s last hope of hanging onto power long enough to completely wreck the nation — War!

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

In terms of the election, it would seem that Putin thinks Clinton is going to win, and the military establishment ALSO thinks Clinton is going to win. NOT a good sign….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Namelus, thanks for the series of 11 “Wanted” posters at the top of the article. At least we all now know the faces and names behind the policies. Seriously, my thought as I scrolled through those 11 photos was, “They’re a GANG! Just one big, stinkin’ worldwide GANG!”

The commanding general at Ft. Benning (“Home of the Infantry”) met with the civic leaders of cities down around the installation yesterday, and said not to worry about the loss (due to BRAC) of the entire 3rd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division (completed at the end of last year). They’re not bulldozing the former location of that Brigade or moving more offices over into the now-empty buildings. Instead, he said they’re keeping it mothballed at an initial cost of $3.8 Million and an annual upkeep cost of $300,000 because there will be another armored brigade combat team there by 2022, probably earlier, and for the community not to worry about the only-temporary loss of so many military and civilian positions from the area. They’ll be back, because the “need” is so great. He said politicians and the media are fixated on ISIS, but there’s much more coming that few people see or realize. From the newspaper headlined “Commander says Fort Benning preparing for war, and another combat brigade“:

[Major General] Wesley showed the group a nearly 10-minute film that was first shown last month at the Maneuver Warfighter Conference at Fort Benning. The film, in sober terms, addressed the threat to national security, touching heavily on China and calling Russia the greatest threat.”

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/military/article110468702.html

Keep in mind that a major general knows “stuff.” Fasten your seatbelts, kiddies! The ride is about to begin.

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

He doesnt know anything, they are just puppets of the junta . A junta that is absolutely terrified that Trump will get elected and actually have productive dialog with Putin and Russia , thus putting an end to decades of cashing in on the military industrial complex . The only people that seem to need NATO is the US . Thats why we have no objection to paying 70% of the bill , and providing the bulk of the military in any conflict you care to mention . Follow the money , another thing they fear about Trump , he wants the Europeans to pay up , the Europeans would just as soon see NATO dissolve rather than put up the cash . Sorry but I smell a desperate RAT afraid its supply of cheese is going to be taken away .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

He doesnt know anything, they are just puppets of the junta .

I’m at a loss to understand how you know “he doesn’t know anything.” As the CG at the “Home of the Infantry, where both Infantry and Armor basic training and AIT occur, he’s quite aware of the projected census of both of those two schools as well as the Army’s Officer Candidate School (and why those projected troop levels are set where they are. He also knows about the additional non-Infantry and non-Armor basic training battalions that feed other MOSs (career fields), and the reasons for their projected class sizes far more than a year in advance.

If the CG at Ft. Benning doesn’t retire out of that position, he then does NOT go to a menial Pentagon desk job for his next assignment. It’s typically a 3-star position. That becomes relatively rarified air up there. Even at Ft. Benning just in his office, there is highly classified information flowing to/from the HQ building. Don’t think for even a moment that the CG at Ft. Benning “doesn’t know anything.” Moreover, you can bet he’s quite aware of the thinking that went into the decision NOT to use the real estate formerly occupied by the 3rd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division (the organization that was at the spearhead going into Baghdad against Saddam) for new purposes. He knows full well why they chose to spend $3 million at just that installation alone, solely for the purpose of mothballing that real estate, and an additional $1/3 million annually thereafter to maintain it in its mothballed state.

Oh – and what you smell isn’t what you think. The nearby civilian economy needs Ft. Benning far more than Ft. Benning needs the nearby economy. You can be certain that the local leaders there will have zero problem remembering what a significant Army representative (the top dog at their local large military installation) told them in October 2016 – they’re likely already beginning to formulate their planning for the increased population again, as well as the boost to the local economy, based on what MG Wesley told them this week. We’re not talking about some staff sergeant blowing smoke to impress a bunch of civic leaders. And note that he tipped a hand that not everyone really sees, and the media isn’t focusing on as much (only a slight ramp-up in just recent days) – namely, that the “popular” issue of “defeating ISIS” is WAY down the list of future concerns, and those future concerns center largely on China and Russia. We’re not reading much about that in the MSM, with the exception of a slight ramp-up regarding Russia. We here in the SHTF Forum are NOT typical news readers – we gather from many sources and see things the average American has no clue about from ABCCBSNBCCNNNPRFOX.

Dismiss his comments at your own peril. I suspect that, on the contrary, we got a rare glimpse into the real military-industrial-political complex, or a tiny peek at the Dark State. It’s war they want, and it’s war they’re going to create. Have you not studied history? (I know you have – that’s why I’m a bit baffled.)

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS , I feel like one of the rare Germans that wanted their own nation to get their butt totally kicked when Hitler came to power , because he knew that a good ass kicking would be the only way to end the madness and restore Germany to the people ( eventually ) . If the US thinks it can win a war against Russia and China ( China is not our friend , and will side with Russia if it goes down ) , we are arrogant beyond belief . We cant win against people with no Navy , no Air Force , etc . We have not won a war sense 1945 VJ day . This country has never lost a Constitutionally declared war , on the other hand , we have never won an undeclared war long term. I would not count on our European ” allies ” . From Vietnam to today , I have serious doubts that we have the will to achieve victory of any kind , especially when it starts to effect everybody as a whole , such as a draft and the horrendous losses .

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Tolik, I agree. No nation ever won a war against a peer nation if its people saw no purpose in fighting, and I can’t see the will to fight among “mah fellow ‘Muricans,” (as LBJ used to say), at least not for something of no more value than international bragging rights. Could the USA once again field the most powerful military in the world? Yeah, possibly, but for what reason? A nation needs to be strong enough that the potential losses an enemy would sustain to defeat it, would not be worth the likely gains..

We could at least do that, which is what I think Russia is doing under Putin. I’m less certain of China, because a lot of their official rhetoric is about how this is their time to rule the world, and they’ve already claimed exclusive jurisdiction over Asia and the western Pacific. Still, with imagination, work, and at least a little wisdom, we could make it more advantageous for them to trade with us than to try to conquer us.

Sort of like the porcupine beginning to cross the log over the creek, just as the skunk begins to cross from the other side: “Look,” he says, “If I should accidently stick you, I’m sorry.”

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Consider the source , asking the US how to win a war is like asking a bag lady how to get rich . All the high tech gadgets in the world dont mean a thing , if your leadership is incompetent , and we have not had competent leadership in war sense Roosevelt died . Just Sayin

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

we have not had competent leadership in war sense Roosevelt died . Just Sayin

We’ve had a string of presidents, with the possidle exception of JFK, who got to that position with the “blessings” and help of the globalist Deep State, who naturally wanted to carry out the great “humanitarian” plans of their “benefactors,” who in turn, wanted the string of useless, futility wars the US has pursued in virtually unbroken sequence since 1951. Even Eisenhower, who “led” the Allied effort in Europe during WWII, led the effort to restrain the “conquest,” until the Soviet Union could get there to take over eastern Europe, so it wouldn’t accidentally become part of the freer western world. How else to maximize profits after the Axis had been defeated. Peace is lousy for armament sales, pharmacological sales, and national takeovers — nobody wants to fight.

I’m not saying that all our prez’s have been entirely on board with all the slimier motives of their sponsors and cabinet members, but they also couldn’t have realized all the smarmy business going on in the background, so they could be manipulated and end-run (-ran?) And they (and we) were.
    I’d say, “take your choice,” between the slow road to perdition, and the fast one, but I suspect that the choice has already been made for us. Lots of Luck! Parabellum!

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Consider the source , asking the US how to win a war is like asking a bag lady how to get rich . All the high tech gadgets in the world dont mean a thing , if your leadership is incompetent , and we have not had competent leadership in war sense Roosevelt died . Just Sayin

We didn’t have competent leadership with him (FDR) at the helm either.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.