Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Putin is joining France, WOW!! What is the U. S. now to the world? Putin is going in and killing the enemy ISIS. Is Putin the new world power since O is not willing to do anything? It looks more and more like Russia is the partner with Europe to save them from ISIS. It is a sad day for the U. S.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/17/france-carries-out-fresh-isis-airstrikes-as-report-claims-allies-targeted-paris/?intcmp=hpbt1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The US is full of S*it , and the world knows it , not to mention we have proven that they cant trust us . Like I keep saying , The Soviet Union is dead , and its not coming back . The Federation is a completely different animal . Like Putin or hate him , while he is in power , Russia will not bend to the NWO , for that alone , I respect him . I think Europe is clearly seeing that we are a do nothing entity , unless its for our own hidden goals . Russia is acting on its own initiative , and actually doing something , the French ( and I suspect others ) are looking to them as an ally that will actually get the job done . ……………the end of ISIS , and hopefully of NATO down the road . That would be a win on many levels . And as a matter of geography , Russia is in a better position to make continuous strikes in that area . Logistics at work again . As time goes on , Europe is going to see more attacks on its own soil , from all the friendly newcomers they let in . I would also bet sooner , rather than later , as ISIS starts loosing on the middle eastern front . It should be embarrassing to us that the leader of Iraq was considering asking them to make air strikes against ISIS in his country ( while we are still there )

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

AND, while just a week or two ago Russia was telling us to get out of Syria and stay out of “their” airspace, now they’re suddenly giving us a heads-up before strikes against Raqqa. The downing of the Russian airliner may have been the biggest mistake the jihadis have made yet. But Big Bear is fully awake, is hungry, and very very angry. Love it!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I was just thinking , historically , Russia and France have teamed up before , WW1 . In modern day , the common enemy is Islam , Russia got the ball rolling in Syria , France got attacked , now the two are working together . As more of EU gets hit , I wonder how many others will join the Russo Franco pact ? It is interesting , because this could be the start of a new power block , making the obsolete NATO go to the way side for all intents and purposes . An alliance born from necessity . It actually could go somewhere if Putin makes himself ” user friendly ” , which he has in the past on some issues .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

IF (still a big “if” as far as I’m concerned, but still a possibility) – IF Putin really is primarily motivated by nationalistic concerns, and really doesn’t have a need for world domination, positioning nukes and other assets in areas on this side of the globe, then frankly I’m not terribly worried about what would happen with greater Russian/European cooperation. Let ‘em work out their own regional problems. And if that’s the case, we no longer have any business in NATO – that was concocted quite legitimately because of the Soviet Union that was intent on extending far beyond ethnic-Russian territory (including Cuba).

Of course the problem becomes one of belief. If we believe Putin now, and pull out of NATO, he and his successors become a potential threat down the road. On the other hand, if we assume that you can’t take the Soviet Union out of the old KGB officer, or erase the communist mentality that still exists among many in Russia, and we therefore stay in NATO, we represent a potential threat to Putin. We will never know the inner thinking of the old Soviet Union well enough to fully understand whether their projection of power back then was offensive or defensive in nature (or what combination of the two).

Thus, therein lies the problem in the 21st century. We really don’t know which Vladimir Putin we’re dealing with, and we certainly don’t know who comes after him. When we see increasing military cooperation between Russia and China even to large joint exercises, and we think back to the “old days” when there was actually cross-border firing between them, one might logically be concerned about Russia’s willingness to participate in the projection of power still. China certainly inserted itself solidly on our side of the pond and Russia looks much more like a friend to China than to the US. But again – is that because of our ever-present projection of power in everybody’s back yard, and often even right in many nations’ front yards? Oh, what a tangled web we weave…. (And people naively wonder why “games theory” is taught at a course level in political science degree programs. The possible consequences of ALL actions have to be played out in theory, and the possible actions of all the other players must likewise be played out fully, including our potential responses.)

Note: If anyone has watched the President’s responses to questions at the end of a news conference in Turkey on Monday (16 November 2015), I’m sure you had the same reaction I did – I cringed in embarrassment because of what he projects to the world about the United States’ people that elected this monstrosity of a so-called leader. If you haven’t, it’s on YouTube. It’s long, and you have to move well into it to start hearing the questions and answers, but it’s striking just how arrogant he is – and even as Chuck Todd of NBC News called him, “extremely defensive.”

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Hey Tolik, how about zipping me the url of that picture. I gotta get a couple thousand printed!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Robin

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151120/1030465297/russian-massive-strikes-syria.html On November 20, warships of the Caspian Flotilla have launched 18 cruise missiles on seven [terrorist] targets in the provinces of Raqqa, Idlib and Aleppo. All targets were destroyed

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Russians are really hitting ISIS hard.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

It’s simple, don’t threaten someone who has the means, attitude and political where withal to bomb you back into the cave.

Putin has something to prove.
    The Ukraine hasn’t gone well, but he’s been able to mainly keep his nose clean.
    But someone threatens your country, while others sit back and twiddle their thumbs, whining and moaning about refugees, you need to act.

That showing of strength, in the world’s view is nothing less than Reagan would have done.

Now, his follow up.
    To truly finalize his place in history, its about time to let loose the dogs of war.
    No, not the military.
    But all his old KGB buddies.
    Cut them loose to do what they do.
    No quarter.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

From what I understand , the assassination group of Spetsnaz is in Syria , taking out cells . Not a lot of them , similar to the missions our SFs have , then again , you dont need very many .
    Robin , i will get that over to you .
    Whirl , The original Soviet Spetsnaz GRU , was a division of the KGB , and pretty much answered only to the current Soviet leader , and administered by the KGB . The original goal was infiltration and assassination . They had a 12% casualty rate , just in training . They were the best of the best , and absolutely , totally ruthless . One mission was in Lebanon , when the Soviet embassy was taken , they watched the terrorists , then captured one , cut up his body , put it in a box , and had it delivered to the head honcho rag head ………soon after , the hostages were released . That was just one that we knew about . Todays Spetsnaz are not the same as the original Soviet variety , not as brutally trained .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hence my comment about the old guys.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

From what I understand , the assassination group of Spetsnaz is in Syria , taking out cells . Not a lot of them , similar to the missions our SFs have , then again , you dont need very many .

As I said in another thread, I wish we’d also put our spec ops folks in to take out an individual or two here or there from distances of ½ mile or more, then move on quickly. If we could somehow coordinate with the Russians on that type of mission, it would be great. The whole idea of taking out folks without having known troops even in the area, whether through snipers or drones, would start turning the tables – inducing terror in the terrorists. Another layer of the mission could be to take out engines on any and every military vehicle they come across – again, at ½ mile or more (easy task for a decent sniper). The mission should not be limited to their leadership, since virtually all of them have been desensitized to brutal, up-close-and-personal murder, and will kill again, and again, and again if left alive.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=020_1376056930

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Saint,
    I respectfully disagree.
    Normal people perhaps.
    But those whose religion dictates lying, murder, burning alive, and this is how you get to heaven automatically?
    All you are doing is creating martyrs.
    Then there are more.

I don’t see that there’s an easy or good answer to the problem.
    Short of cutting all ties with muslin countries, and those that do business with them.
    Shut off the money, places like Saudi Arabia may actually do something.

But I’m not going to hold my breath.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I would tend to agree, but I still suspect that if literally hundreds “magically” disappeared in a very short period of time, from the line “soldier” to the commanders, a level of paranoia may well set in despite their martyr-inspired beliefs, which in too many of their cases I don’t really believe is the motivation – just blood thirsty, fundamentally evil people – otherwise we’d be seeing far more volunteers to don suicide vests and take out many more of “us.” I suspect that the sheer numbers of losses would cause even those unreasonable people to re-evaluate their thinking and decide the odds aren’t so good after all because Allah ain’t as willing as they expected. But hey – I could be wrong. If nothing else, it feeds my fantasy of deleting as many of them, while deleting as few (if any) of our side, as quickly and extensively as possible.

And right now I don’t think we can afford to shut off Saudi Arabia. They may be an obvious, known enemy disguised as an ally (and we pretend they really are), but if we lose them, they’re one of the bigger kids on the block in that neighborhood, and we don’t need them turning on us obviously as well as the semi-hidden manner in which they’ve been operating all along. They’d bring too many more with them. We’ve provided western educations for many of those that will eventually be in power, and as much as they detest at least part of our philosophies and structure, they also learned that it works. They’re not as inclined toward following their true religion as most think. They don’t follow the moral codes, for example (drinking, smoking, sexual immorality, etc.) when they have the opportunity. In other words, they’re just fundamentally power-hungry selfish people, and they’ll go with whatever works best for them as long as they can keep the illusion of being a “strictly” Islamic country. It is, after all, all about money and power. It always is, every since about day-3 of human existence. Once mankind figured out that he could get something more than someone else by killing them off, it all began. Alliances formed between fundamentally evil groups in order to overpower more vulnerable groups, each still seeking to figure a way to overthrow the other “ally.” Money and power. ISIS is truly no different – that’s why we call it “Islamic extremism,” because it’s only a front for the real agenda. They’re just more overtly brutal about it. Money and power….

(And my secret fantasy of turning the whole region into a sea of glass – if somehow Israel could be spared – only really appeals to the base fantasies that such craziness of circumstances creates. Reality based in personal experience tells me there are still too many basically decent people living there to obliterate the entire region with the big portabella – as Dennis Miller calls it. But it sure feels good though!) ;)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.