Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lovelynightbird
    lovelynightbird
    Prepper
    member2

I am starting to believe that there are some people with rose colored glasses unperceived with the naked eye. As an example, I just spoke to a woman on the phone (part of my job) and she mentioned she is a writer. At her suggestion I opened her website to find a book titled “No More Enemies”. Basically the book seems to want to convince us to just put down our weapons and everything will change. Maybe she’s right and one day that will be a truth we live with. Until then we need to look our truth straight on.
    We have videos being broadcast of heads being cut of with a dull knife and people from around the world joining them. Not deprived people from awful countries. There are Americans, British, Canadians to name a few. That is just the tip of the iceberg of a hate driven mentality that plagues the world. A mentality saturating every country that would like to put down their weapons.
    Instead of pretending there are no more enemies, make sure you’re not your own worst enemy. We have to be prepared for the worst possibilities while living with the good that is most certainly a part of life too. As for the lady with the rose colored glasses, I don’t want to be around her when they get knocked off.

LovelyNightBird

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Some people cannot accept the fact that both God and Satan exist. She is not right, it will not happen as she wishes untill the end of all things. Evil has grown and spread in pace with human activity becoming more unmanageable.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A huge problem in the 1st World, particularly in the US where for the past 150 years all of our wars have been fought in lands other than our own, is that we assume everyone else thinks like we do. This is why all of our efforts to bring so called democracy to places that throughout history have only known autocratic and/or religious rule fail, with the results often times being worse than before we intervened.

I have never known a Muslim personally and as such have no personal insights but sitting from afar I do not understand the fanaticism that seems to flourish with the tacit approval of the majority. More specifically I don’t understand why they can’t adhere to their interpretations of Islam without wanting everyone who doesn’t believe as they do to die. I have known Christians who in my opinion have gone off the deep end in their religious fervor but there is no violence in their fervor nor is there any expectation that everyone else adopt their beliefs. They’d welcome you if you wanted to join them but are otherwise fine practicing their religion by themselves peacefully.

The bottom line is that Islam is incompatible with modern society. To the extent that Europe, the US, Canada, Australia, and other 1st World countries continue to try to find a way for them to fit within our cultural melting pots we are only going to bring more problems on ourselves. They will not accept our fundamental precepts of religious freedom and secular rule.

The attacks on ISIS last night did have participation from several Arab countries, and that is good, but I do not take that as a stand on their part against radical Islam. They quietly fund plenty of terrorists. Their participation is instead a response to ISIS being a threat to their personal power and wealth.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, The middle east has always played the two sides and fund them. This will never change. Islam wants you to believe in Islam or die. This will be a problem in the U. S. since we have many here.

lovelynightbird
    Prepper
    member2

74 I have also learned that we will have a time of real peace. Before that peace it is supposed to turn really bad.

Mountainbiker you have put into words something I didn’t understand until I moved here. Our “democracy” is not a one size fits all. This area is tribal and the tribes have battled one another for centuries. When the British divided up the area they did not take into consideration the different tribes thus creating an atmosphere of warring factions throughout the region. What we see happening now is the a restructuring of the lands to reflect the majority of tribes or religious sects.
    We also see that it doesn’t matter how much education, information, and funding, the brutal essence of a certain group has only grown stronger. It’s as if it is part of their DNA.
    Interesting comment about the participation of several arab countries on Daesh. A colleague of mine mentioned that today. What is better? The arabs fighting one another or the arabs realizing they can work together for a common cause?

LovelyNightBird

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ve realized that the people that does not want to discuss an economical collapse or the war ships travelling the world…. they are the most scared. They do not want to face reality because they are petrified.

Profile photo of RSSwizard
    RSSwizard
    Survivalist
    member3

Isis and Islam are a horse and pony show. They are a diversion, and a conflict to get people angry at each other and not notice whats really going on.

Isis and Islam will not take over the US, in fact its impossible for that to happen. If you havent noticed Hollywood has been perpetuating more sex, violence, rap and r&b, and drug culture and there is no end in sight for that (they will even start perpetuating satanism soon). And the american public likes those things. And all of those things are 100% against Islamic culture.

So there’s NO chance that american people will convert. Plus there’s the strong christian roots too (so either way its not a flavor they’re willing to taste).

The real issue that keeps people from looking to a breakdown in social order is Business As Usual. We’ve been trained to believe that if things are going on Business As Usual that means it has longevity and strength, life will continue going on just like it always does for the next 30 days just like it has for the last 300 days. Oh and they’ve got bills to pay and they need to make sure the babysitting schedule for the kids doesnt have any holes in it.

Its the same idea behind trusting in tried and true established Brand Names. They’ve been around all this time, and if they didnt do a good job then they wouldnt still be in business would they? But that ignores the fact that the trust in them also keeps them afloat, and gives them quite abit of longevity to abuse their customers, community, and environment and people look the other way (whenever a brand name does crumble though, like Enron, their failings become obvious after the fact and it seems that much worse, but even then it still draws attention away from other wrongdoers in the industry).

In the united states they do a good job of sweeping things under the rug, and wallpapering over the problems. If some place is having major problems (like Detroit) then they isolate it just to that area and say “well that place is having problems (but everywhere else the sun shines brightly)”.

Maybe if everything got much worse but only in incremental stages people would know something was wrong. But because its going to be “that big first step” off the cliff they’re not going to see it coming, like Lemmings. Investors might catch wind of it, as they currently are, but even they are such a small subset of the population that the only people who might listen to them are Business Owners (who themselves are a small subset of the population, though larger than the investors).

Also people look to things like the military power of the United States, and the idea that most of the advanced technology in the world was developed right here in the USA (which isn’t quite true). And they think that somehow that makes us invincible and above petty problems. Like we could ignore that somehow because of our superiority.

Rose Colored Glasses?
    More like Misplaced Faith combined with an enormous amount of Denial.

I dunno maybe they deserve it? For not critically thinking about these things?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The economic collapse that is going to happen , will wake people up fast , it will make the one of the 1930’s look like a cake walk . Back then , they didnt believe it either ( 1919-1929 ) ……….then the rude awakening came .

lovelynightbird
    Prepper
    member2

Hi RSSWizard,

Totally understand your perspective: “Rose Colored Glasses?
    More like Misplaced Faith combined with an enormous amount of Denial.
    I dunno maybe they deserve it? For not critically thinking about these things?

I was born with those glasses on and could not even perceive how dark the darker side of human nature could be until after I married a Dutch Jew who’s parents were hidden underground for 3 years. He was raised to be well aware of the evil in people and after we married my “rose colored glasses” were snatched and stomped! I say this laughing now but at the time if seemed such an assault to my view of life and people. Now I am grateful and feel balanced but can tell you, I didn’t know how to think critically in this area. Then of course there are those who are aware but in denial and will have the wallpapered illusions in their house of cards tumble about them.

I guess we all get what we deserve whether we think we deserve it or not. :-) The best we can do is live as an example, stay informed and be prepped.

Thanks for the comments and input. I will be closing down for 3 days and back Sunday. Shalom to everyone.

LovelyNightBird

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.