Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Very real dangers around the Pacific Rim and volcanic activity in general. One the most understated aspects of the danger is our total inability to predict future events in terms of size or timing. The best science can do is say they will happen at sometime. When there is so much sh…t happening in the world every day it’s hard to listen to deniers claim preppers are blah blah blah.

http://abcnews.go.com/news/t/blogEntry?id=23162459

Ttp://io9.com/what-will-really-happen-when-yellowstone-volcano-has-a-508274690/all

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

We modern humans do not understand the magnitude of a major natural disaster, and the majority are not prepared for even a minor one.

I did not understand the magnitude of the hillside collapse in Washington until I saw a shot from space. Having helicoptered over the debris field at Mt. St. Helens a couple of years ago, and seeing how deep the ash field was , was a humbling experience.

Had lunch with a friend, mentioned the earthquakes around the Yellowstone area in passing. His comment floored me. This is a guy who has an advanced degree in engineering. He basically said, well there’s not much around there so it shouldn’t effect that many people. I was so stunned, I really didn’t even try to argue with him.

Just reinforces your point about the deniers. Another reason I keep my preps to myself.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Look at what just happen in Chile, 8.2 quake. The problem with Earthquakes is no one know when they will happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014/04/01/breaking-magnitude-82-quake-strikes-off-coast-chile/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Won’t effect many people”
    This link shows the ash distribution from 4 or 5 previous eruptions.
    ttp://s2.djyimg.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2014/03/yellowstone-volcano.jpg

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I know. I assume he knows that the prevailing winds are west to east, and that he is east of yellowstone.

Has there been any more information about animal movement in the park. I’ve seen the photo of buffalo running down the road, but what about other creatures? Has the bird population changed for example.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I wouldn’t buy into animal movement because the number of animals that can be accurately tracked is low. However a 10″ rise in the center of the caldera in a short time is something maybe to be concerned about. If anything fast happens like a foot or more in one day you better be ready.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks. With little knowledge I wasn’t sure if it was a precursor of something or not. Are you more concerned with the earthquakes around the park? The article from the first link seems to discount a major eruption. I’m concerned about his approach to the ash being no big deal. I would think that the ash would a major problem if it covered a significant part of the agricultural land in the Midwest.

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

ring of fire, huge happenings. did you see that video of a fishing boat that got cought by the tidal wave of an emerging volcanoe somewhere in the pacific? grew fast, and still growing. scary thing is all along the ring plates are shifting {always are but more so}. even if we can predict when, we cant predict how big an event will be. what drives me crazy is the amount of info being suppressed, i get that gov needs control but you’d think that they’d want the rally of everyone to be on their side, by sharing information, and cooperating with other gov agency’s and giving some authority to civilian based groups.
    off topic, after fukishima happened the canadian gov raised the allowable safe limits of radiation, and fired 200 scientists, and shut down a lot of the monitoring stations along B.C. west coast.
    that was a definate sign to me to take matters of family security in my own hands. problem is we see that with most issues of concirn, we dont need to know untill we fail.
    if the ring of fire goes bang at least we dont have to worry about sea life dying, fukishima took care of that.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Pacific Rim and volcanic activity is very active this year. If you live in the pacific coast you need to be prepared.
    The problem is that the Pacific Rim is so large you just do not know were it will happen.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer,

I just read this,

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/593833-yellowstone-volcano-eruption-in-2014-some-believe-animals-are-fleeing-park-see-it-as-an-alert/

I am not sure if it is the same news you read. But maybe something is happening in Yellowstone.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

It is similar. I just read an article debunking the theory. I guess we will have to wait and see. Some people seem to be waking up though. Apparently, after the quake near LA, Home Depots there sold out their earthquake survival kits. I am hearing more and more people expressing concern about world events. It seems like people’s spirits are sensing something.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Another earthquake has been reported southeast of the Solomon Islands. Initial reports are the quake was 6.0 on the Richter Scale. Yet the news media acts like nothing is going on. I don’t have any expertise in this area, but it sure seems like the Ring of Fire is waking up in a big way. Anyone living around the Pacific Rim needs to sleep with one eye open.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

This has nothing to do with the Ring of Fire (or maybe it does?). Oklahoma is experiencing increasing numbers of small earthquakes. At least 2 per month that we have felt, and more that we haven’t. Low intensity but still–maybe something is happening down there. Reminds us of living in Alaska (which IS in the Ring of Fire.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.