Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

If we are hearing about it, it is already almost a non-issue.

I’m in the business, and even if a virus was totally imbedded in the system, there are still manual backups.
    I have been working powerhouses since the early 90’s and about all that they could do is fugg up the automated systems, but most (all?) of this software is not “windows” based. I know windows is not the only OS susceptible to viruses, but most of these systems are also not on the “internet” as such, either. The power companies have an INTRANET dedicated system with very little connection to the World Wide Web. Most of it is hard line fiberoptics as well. The “grid” is much more vulnerable to an EMP or directed energy weapon, such as scalar waves, but that is all Sci-Fi stuff, right?

Our grid is vulnerable, but not so much to a virus. IMO a “false flag” is much more likely than the Russians attacking!
    Russia and China hold a much more powerful WMD against the U$, and that is T-Bonds. If they dump them quickly, it is GAME OVER in a huge way, perhaps more violently than a grid shutdown!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, If the Russians and Chinese dump the dollar this would turn the grid off too right? Fuel would go up real fast and the Electric companies would not be able to buy the fuel.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

IMO, that is a possibility, but they have some things in place, that would delay it:

1. Stockpiles of Coal
    Most powerhouses have a huge coal pile, but it is measured in weeks, not months or years

2. Long Term Contracts
    Again, “most” have long term contracts. Mines have already sold future production, but transport would become problematic if BRICS dumped the U$D all at once. Our fracking industry could take up much of the slack, but prices would skyrocket at every level. Only essential things would be funded, and many disruptions would result.
    Food for the masses? Secondary at best, so that is a great reason to prep IMO.
    Food would be transported in small quantity, as compared to current levels.

But I think we know this pretty well.

Nearly everything, (if not ALL) that power companies have automated has a manual override.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.