Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

An interesting read on this:

http://medicalhypotheses.blogspot.pt/2009/11/clever-sillies-why-high-iq-lack-common.html

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Morning, they are starting to recommend the under the desk in the schools here too. They are full of it.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Yeah, anyone who has seen Carpenter’s “They Live” back in ’82 must be having a field day everytime a newsflash comes up… :)

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of ehanzo_1
    ehanzo_1
    Survivalist
    member1

Sorry but if the US gov want your gun they will take it. An A-10 vs a shotgun, an Abrams tank vs a 30-06. No way, you are given the illusion of freedom.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Even the most advanced weapon systems can be defeated by the simplest of means. Worried about A-10’s in your skies? Take them out while they’re on the ground. Abrams tanks have weak points, hit them there. Attack them in choke points, disrupt supply chains.

It doesn’t matter how big and deadly a dog is, the tiniest flea will drive it insane.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

ehanzo_1

I disagree.

People who pooh pooh gun ownership and automatically dismiss 100 million armed riflemen in this country are forgetting several somethings…

1. We just brought the entire military might of the US down on Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, we’re leaving. They are still there, their will unbroken, and we are left with several thousand dead, multiples of thousands maimed and wounded, and minus a mountain of treasure. We didn’t “win”.

2. If you can’t kill a tank or a plane or helicopter, then you go after it’s support. You go after the fuel trucks, the spare parts, and, if you can’t get to them, then you go after the guys who maintain the machines. A plane or a helicopter cannot fly without maintenance. Abrams tanks can only go remarkably short distances without receiving maintenance.

3. In 4G warfare, nobody is off limits. It’s ugly, dirty, distasteful, but if you think it won’t happen, you’re fooling yourself. If you cannot get to the guys who maintain the vehicles, then you can get to their families. If someone takes a grease monkey’s family hostage, what do you think he will do to get them back? Drop a bolt into a jet turbine? Not tighten an oil drain plug all the way? Crimp shut an oil supply line with a pair of pliers? There’s a million parts in some of these vehicles, and that means a million ways to sabotage them… or maybe he just up and leaves. Never comes back. Nobody to do maintenance = you don’t fly or your tank doesn’t move.

4. The War of the Flea. Might want to read it. It’s back in print. It explains things better than I ever could…

http://www.amazon.com/War-Flea-Classic-Guerrilla-Warfare/dp/1574885553

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Mr. Red & Malgus are right. It would be a dirty war and one of attrition but it can be fought.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Guerrilla warfare 101 my friend. There are loads upon loads of books, websites, films, etc., that can be had that’ll teach you everything you need to know to defeat a force that is much larger, much more well equipped, and one that can throw much more money into the fray. It’s happened for hundreds and thousands of years, and is still happening today.

To say that a modern military force is unbeatable, you best tell the Vietnamese, the Afghanis, and many many others that they actually didn’t win.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree with Malgus, Mr Red and MountainBiker. If ehanzo_1 was right then why are we losing in the two wars we were in? They only had AK’s and some landmines. Sure it will be bloody but the U. S has more then 300 million guns owned by 100 million people, PLEASE there is nothing easy about taking 300+ million guns from 100 million people!

If only 10% go all out war that is 10 million army.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just wanted to add that there is NO history ever and any country in the world were there is over 300 million guns and owned by 100 million people that a government has tried to take though guns from the people. So no one really knows what would happen but I can tell you for a fact that it will not go well for that government.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Our government will not attempt a full scale gun grab. It would end up involving 100% of the poplulation in a free for all that would never get fixed. Any control or semblance of civility would disappear. Government could not exist under those conditions.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>I am having problems with my device right now so I can’t post a link, but do a search for modified shotgun shells. There are some nasty tricks to be done with bird shot if you are in a bind for ammo.

Yes!
    Cut Shells, Waxed Shells…

These guys tell a LOT about all kinds of topics, check out Iraq Veteran 8888 on youtube!

The gentleman with the beard is no longer with us,

RIP Barry

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>morning wrote:</div>Yeah, anyone who has seen Carpenter’s “They Live” back in ’82 must be having a field day everytime a newsflash comes up… :)

Rowdy Roddy Piper, great “B” movie

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The cut shell video is a great one.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.