Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thank you chester, will look into the parts since I own two of the same Remington 870.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Freedom, great gun!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, I own two of the same, one for me and one for my son.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Something to consider when you buy your shotgun shells.  I buy all my defensive shells in 2 3/4″  so no matter what gun I’m stuffing them into they will fit. My Mossberg is 3″ but my son has an old 1100 with a 2 3/4 chamber.  If we are scrambling around arming up we can’t be bothered sorting out ammo or having it get mixed in a fight. Additionally if we find another gun to use it will fit regardless of the model.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My two take the 2 3/4 and 3″ so I never though about this. It is important because someone in your group may have a shotgun that only takes the 2 3/4. I have never even asked them about there shotgun ammo.

Thanks for that one 1974.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I am having problems with my device right now so I can’t post a link, but do a search for modified shotgun shells. There are some nasty tricks to be done with bird shot if you are in a bind for ammo.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Matt76, will do the search. Thanks

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

I have one of these and a Mossberg 590A1 w/ bayo. Mind that over here in Portugal it is illegal to own ANY kind of firearm unless professional or academic/sport requirements are in question. Weapons like the Benelli M4 or a simple AR15 (or a revolver fwiw) are totally banned from use except by authorized govt personnel. So choices are a bit limited.

Also, it’s mandatory to have your gun fitted with a capacity limiting dowel so you cannot carry more than three shells at any time inside the mag.

Knives are forbidden, bows are forbidden, spears… you get the movie. Just pay taxes and revel in social progress.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Your country’s rules is what we Americans will go to war for. We will not let any government take our rights away from us. It will not happen here. It will start a civil war.

I have been saying it for years if the left takes our guns away then they will want our knifes and every thing they think is a weapon.

The good thing is that there is more then 100 million guns in the U. S. A.  and that is what we know. I thing that number is low.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Amen to that and I couldn’t possibly mean it harder.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Morning,

How to you cut your meat or clean a fish if knives are banned?

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I think he means carrying knives. Its forbidden in many European countries to carry any knife that can be opened with one hand or is over a certain blade length.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Jesus, am I to be taken so literally from hereon? Jay is right, of course. Any blade that is either self-opening OR longer than 10cm (hilt to point) is considered unlawful to carry, concealed or exposed, outside your home (not property, mind the difference).

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Morning,

Ha, no but I wanted you to tell us where the train is headed. We have knife laws as well.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Yeah I have taken notice of that modern recommendation forpeople to duck under desks and grab office scissors and pliers if an hostile gunman comes forth. Can’t make such **** up :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.