Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remington 870 Tactical Shotgun with the ATI – Advanced Technology International (Stock and Forend)
    Remington 870 Tactical has a magazine capacity of 6 and 1. Is a 12 gauge 2 3/4″ or 3″ shells.
    Length is 36 1/2″ or with the ATI pulled out length is 40″
    Barrel length is 18″
    Remington 870
    Remington 2
    Remington 3
    ATI – Advanced Technology International (Stock)
    Six Position Collapsible Buttstock
    Scorpion Recoil System
    Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad – Non-Slip, Removable
    Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip – Ergonomic, Sure-Grip Texture
    Impact is Absorbed – Shooting any Load Size can now be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter
    Reduces the Challenge of Reacquiring the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift
    Not Affected by Chemicals
    Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
    Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
    Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression System
    Triton Mount System
    Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
    Securely Fasten your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with No Specialized Tools
    Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for Easy, Secure Installation
    Interchangeable Sling Mount Locations for Left- and Right-Handed Shooters
    Additional Spacer for when Sling Mount is Not in Use
    3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
    Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
    6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
    DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
    Manufactured in the USA

Tactical Shotgun Picatinny Rail Package (Forend)
    One Left 2″ Picatinny Rail
    One Right 2″ Picatinny Rail
    Picatinny Rails Allow for Easy Installation of all Your Favorite Accessories
    Blank Inserts for When Rails are Not in Use
    Textured Forend
    Very Tough, yet Extremely Lightweight
    DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer
    Manufactured in the USA

The Remington 870 Tactical Shotgun is one of the must dependable shotguns on the market. For home defense and close defense it is a must have gun. I have shot this many times and it’s never misfires. The ATI takes the Remington 870 Tactical to another level. This is the shotgun used the most in the Police departments around the Country. One other thing I want to point out is that when everyone was looking for ammo in the stores there was always shotgun shells for sale.

This is why I purchased this one even tho I owned one older model Remington 870 which I updated with the added ATI System.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jayman
    Jayman
    Survivalist
    member2

Excellent review, every area covered. I have considered one of these, but recently have also seen some very nice Stevens defense-type 12 ga. for under 300.00 US, which is quite attractive in itself.
    Thanks for posting this.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jayman, The Remington 870 to start is $400 the ATI cost $80 but remember you do not need to add the ATI at the beginning, I didn’t. I purchased the Remington 870 fist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

870’s are great guns, but if you find a Mossberg 500 that looks like it fits your needs don’t be scared to buy it either. Both makes are durable good guns.

One issue with all pump guns when firing and trying to be fast on the next shot is short stroking the action to the rear. The spent shell doesn’t eject creating a stove pipe. Be certain to bang the pump back before you stroke it forward. If you create a stove pipe, open the action then use the same hand to clear the shell by swiping rearward. Then close the action and fire.

Profile photo of Jayman
    Jayman
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks – good info. Will have more to think about now!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, Agree the two best for the price shotguns are Remington 870 and Mossberg 500. Also they are the two that have the most options to upgrade(accessories)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sold my 870 upland model in 20g some time ago, but still have a Mossberg made for Sears under the name New Haven. Old timer with a polly choke. Only use it for turkeys. Might be pressed into SD in a pinch.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mossberg is it a 12g or 20g? I found that the ammo for the 20g was harder to find but 12 g was all over the place, everyone had it. I have a Remington 870 that I just updated it with the ATI so I have two. I thing that in an SHTF 80% will be close shots so a good shotgun will help. My FAL .308 will be for the long shots and hunting.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    12g with funky camo I painted on the whole thing. The dog don’t mind it atall tho.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, Oh that is good, the one that you shot will not know the color of the shotgun anyway.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

I want one!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

wildartist, Thank you, I love this shotgun for home defense it is great.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Possibly one of the best add-ons to a shotgun is a side saddle. Since a shotgun is relatively low capacity, the ability to carry more ammunition on the firearm itself could be a life saver, especially if it’s used in a self defence role where you just grab it and go.

Another key part of the shotgun is the ability to change what round you’re about to shoot (tactical reload). If you have your gun filled with buckshot, and the side saddle has slugs, you can throw one of those slugs in the pipe if you need it (or any combination of ammo change up).

A good “combat” pump shotgun should be owned by everyone who can get one.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red, Agree that you do need a side saddle, or a shotgun shell belt to be able to change the round you are using.

A good shotgun is needed in an SHTF.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Well done freedom! 870 is proven platform and easy to keep important spare parts for if needed.

May be of interest for folks getting started with 870. http://www.rem870.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.