Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vettom
    vettom
    Survivalist
    member2

FWIW, I have been shooting for many years in service rifle and IDPA also with 9mm and 45ACP.
    Not interested in debating good/bad on calibers only to share info specifics by caliber.

For a great practice/target or all around accurate load for an M1A standard length barrel and 18-1/2also
    I used (LC cases Crimp removed, or others Win, Fed, R-P ok) all reamed flash holes, trimmed, with standard primers, with 42.0grains of BLC-2 and a 150gr up to 174gr bullet with great groups.

For tighter groups, I use a magnum primer, 42.0grs BLC-2 and same bullets at 100meters.
    These loads are not a hard as GI loads on rifles but run flawlessly and I save my GI stuff for later.
    I alternate with IMR-4895 and get same. I prefer the BLC-2 for less carbon.
    vettom

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

Some good info. My primary is 9mm and 7.62×39. Have never loaded for the x39 yet, but do load .308 168gr Sierra MatchKing HPBT regularly for long range, and I really like IMR-4895 for that caliber. In 9mm I have been using Power Pistol quite a bit for JHP loads and seem to get more velocity per grains than some other powders using a 115gr Hornady XTP JHP. Use standard primers in both loads. By the way, this is in a Glock 17.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.