Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Attached is a NY Times article that appeared in today’s local paper about the imminent arrival of Syrian refugees to the shire town of my county. Outside of Burlington and its immediate surrounding suburbs, Rutland is the next largest city in VT and is the only sizeable place for at least an hour in any direction. It is where all of the shopping and services are for the rest of us in this area, so ignoring Rutland is not really an option.

The only reference to cultural issues is a positive one where they say the diversity will help attract young people. There is no reference to the potential for radical Islamists to sneak in with the refugees nor how the city will have to change in order to appease Islamic culture. Certainly there is no mention of the refugee-fueled chaos in Europe, nor is there mention of what it will be like when some years from now the initial 100 will be a couple thousand through more refugees coming year after year and natural increase given their proclivity for large families. There is no mention of whether the tourists will start to shy away from Rutland if the Islamic presence makes itself known in less that positive ways. The NYC & NJ folks coming to the Killington ski resort must come through Rutland to get to Killington. CT & MA tourists come from the other direction, but many make their way down to Rutland for groceries, restaurants etc.

Yes the population is in a long term decline. Except for the Burlington area which is growing enough to balance out the decline everywhere else, the whole State is in population decline. There surely are far better alternatives such as building on tourism and well-heeled 2nd home owners to stop the population decline rather than Muslim refugees. I sure hope Trump puts a stop to this program fast. Can you tell this depresses me?

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20170104/NEWS03/170109886/0/NEWS01

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not happy with the number of them over in Twin Falls, especially since its “upwind”.

But if they have to be anywhere, I dare say I prefer within rifle range.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The SJW’s here live a sheltered life in that all anyone here knows is non-diversity. Diversity is a theoretical concept that only people elsewhere live with up close and personal. If the refugees become problematic these folks are going to be utterly bewildered because that’s not how it works in their theoretical world. Of course the initial families are likely be chosen carefully so as to not stir up a hornets nest but I don’t doubt but that the standards will be relaxed after the initial batch. The only positive I can think of is that at least they’re not Somalis.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Got to deal with them in our last home area.
    Somalis like blades, a lot and most crimes involving them involve blades.

Do not hesitate if the time comes.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“diversity will help attract young people.” This is a pant load. Hopefully you will get help dealing with these costly impositions by Obama.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Burn a cross on their lawn .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

MB

We see the signs here in Upstate Ny the state government is planning a major influx. Cuomo and schumer are a spinning money machine that’s out of control. I really don’t think they are handing out the millions for the locals benefits. They’re even talking free tuition for low income. The minimum wage is up. A lot of college grads here are barely above minimum. I know one person who has a college degree and a part time insurance job and had a full time job who just went on Medicaid. She can’t compete with the immigrants who will work for next to nothing. And she had to train her replacement. Now trying to get a bar tending job. More resturants and distilleries being built it seems but not much else. There is a lot of effort being put into getting business into the area but the problems are structural. They come, last a while then go somewhere cheaper and less regulated to death. Build the wall and put a burning metal scull every mile that repeats in ten different languages…. Go home, No welfare. No sanctuary Go home

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I have zero problems with foreigners. All but the Native Americans among us got here that way.

With that said, it doesn’t take grad school statistics or a degree in political science to understand that statistically this is a bad idea beyond anything we’re being told. It’s all according to the plan, and almost nobody wants to discuss it (except in rare places like this one of course). The next 14 days, 22 hours, and 55 minutes (plus any damage he manages to pull off in the wee hours of 20 January) are among the most dangerous days of the past 8 years. Once they’re here, even Trump will have a hard time getting rid of them. Then come the family and friends, and ….

Remember the “Muslim Brotherhood Manifesto Explanatory Memorandum.”

Following, for review (also posted elsewhere) is an excerpt from that document (official Federal Court translation):

SUBJECT: A PROJECT FOR AN EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM
    FOR THE GENERAL STRATEGIC GOAL FOR THE GROUP IN NORTH
    AMERICA MENTIONED IN THE LONG-TERM PLAN
    . . .
    4- Understanding the role of the Muslim Brother in North America:
    The process of settlement is a “Civilization-Jihadist Process” with all the word means. The Ikhwan [Brothers] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions. Without this level of understanding, we are not up to this challenge and have not prepared ourselves for Jihad yet. It is a Muslim’s destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack. But, would the slackers and the Mujahedeen be equal.

5- Understanding that we cannot perform the settlement mission by ourselves or away from people:
    A mission as significant and as huge as the settlement mission needs magnificent and exhausting efforts. With their capabilities, human, financial and scientific resources, the Ikhwan will not be able to carry out this mission alone or away from people and he who believes that is wrong, and God knows best. As for the role of the Ikhwan, it is the initiative, pioneering, leadership, raising the banner and pushing people in that direction. They are then to work to employ, direct and unify Muslims’ efforts and powers for this process. In order to do that, we must possess a mastery of the art of “coalitions”, the art of “absorption” and the principles of “cooperation”.

The destruction of the Republic is at red line. Schumer, Pelosi, Waters, and others won’t be backing off the pedal for the next four years, with Obama, Jarrett, Axelrod, Billary, and the entire supporting cast close behind in the planning room, occasionally coming out to lead more cheers.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

With a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit for 2016 the politicians of Washington don’t have a leg to stand on anymore. President Trump isn’t going to be sympathetic to the brothers either, not with his background. Pelosi and Schumer can’t threaten him. How does a pit bull deal with rats? It ain’t pretty. Trump has the power and the will to use it. He is very resourceful. Isn’t intelligence community an oxymoron. Lol

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli, these are Syrians coming, not Somalis. That is my only consolation.

74, on that young people will want to come here for the diversity nonsense, currently they can find diversity almost anywhere in the country. They are not desperately searching for it so as to shout for joy that they found it in Rutland. In fact, quite the opposite could be true. Northern New England is one of the rare regions of the country that is non-diverse. If it weren’t so utterly politically incorrect, it could be a selling point to come to a region that shares little of the problems plaguing our cities.

To my way of thinking, it is better that we continue our slow population decline rather than give up our traditional culture. Why give up what we have simply to increase the population with people who will never accept our way of life? Live and let live is totally counter to the Islamic way of life, but it is how we approach life here. In fact “live and let live” would apply to the Syrians too if they will just do their thing without infringing on the rest of us. That may not be what the social justice warriors have in mind though as the local paper has already had an editorial telling us we should be careful so as not to offend the Syrian’s sensibilities, clearly signalling the community that we’re the ones who are supposed to change, not the Syrians.

I am convinced that rural and small town areas will see a resurgence someday when general living conditions or other events cause people to want to get away from the large cities. Technology is going to make it easier and easier for businesses to locate in small towns. Some say businesses can’t do that because we don’t have the workforce. I say there are lots of skilled and educated young people who would be glad to come home if there were jobs here. Until this happens, a slow but steady population decline is a manageable problem.

I don’t live in Rutland but this is going to impact the entire county. Fortunately, outside of Rutland there is little in the way of rentals, and pretty much no public transportation or services. That’ll contain it to Rutland for a period.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’m happy to be the age I am, perhaps wishing I was even older. That way there’d be little time left to have to deal with what’s left of the nation, including our previously really nice community – not quite as ideal as MBs, but previously not half bad. Old age happens, I’d just prefer to get it out of the way before we deteriorate much further.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There’s talk of Hillary running for mayor of NYC. Sure why not. If you can’t become president of a big country … Become president of a small one. The refugees we get upstate will be white. The terrorist group BLM will see NYC as home ground under an anti gun Bloomberg lib like her. Rahm runs Chicago, Hillary in NYC and maybe Pelosi SF. No wonder Obama is sending thousands of tanks overseas to Nato. Where will urban warfare break out next. This is a new kind of politics. One simple message on his Twitter account and Chief Clown Schumer has been identified. He is not a friend of the Donald’s presidency.

In the best case scenario most of us live out in the boonies. Even so there is a large police presence up here. The gang members are caught very quickly. So much so our jails are getting packed like California. I know Muslims are recruiting among vets living in the cities. One of them I knew married a Muslim woman and moved to NYC. And there’s always Islamberg. They are watching us. Winter is here. Prepping is still in vogue. Yes.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen, interesting you should note gang members get caught quickly in your Upstate area. Here in VT, black and Hispanic drug dealers and other miscreants (rape, sexual assault, robberies, misc violence) from NYC, Albany, NY, and Holyoke/Springfield, MA occupy more than a few of our jail cells. Given the extremely low percent of racial minorities in the VT population, the NAACP has been screaming systemic racism as the reason there are so many black guys in jail. The NAACP ignores the fact that these folks aren’t from VT, and that they are common gang banger thugs who thought VT would be easy pickings.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

the NAACP has been screaming systemic racism as the reason there are so many black guys in jail. The NAACP ignores the fact that these folks aren’t from VT, and that they are common gang banger thugs who thought VT would be easy pickings.

When one needs an excuse for something, anything will do ….

GS

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, personally I would prefer younger.
    Simple reason, my kids.
    I’d prefer them not to have to fight in my place.

While I am still active and mean enough now, by the time the fight occurs, I fear my kids will be beyond the old man’s help. Distance that is.
    Off to schools and jobs.

The things I have no problem with, they have no idea about. And I’d like to keep it that way.
    They don’t need to end up with my nightmares and injuries. Physical or mental.

If there is war, let it come in my day.
    I will face my maker with a free conscience.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.