Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

depends on the event, if a large die off government may not exist.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Well, I think it all depends on what the event(s) is/are doesn’t it? Because in my way of thinking, I think God is going to have a pretty big hand in things as will Mother Nature. So, if there are floods, shifts, whatever and the course of rivers change, enlarge, some land disappears and some emerges….I don’t think there is going to be anything like a centralized government about for a long, long time…anywhere. It will take decades for leaders to emerge and seek/ reach out and find those other survivors and groups.

Leading up to this is an entirely different matter IMHO. Our community group is thinking/preparing on the ‘ripple effect/concentric circle’ theory. Start planning for where you are, immediately around you, then think and plan for outside that when and if one can. We’re ‘out’ about a 6 mile radius right now. That’s enough to do/plan for for all the possible scenarios.

And Lone Wolf, we are trying to plan for and imagine…yes, something better. I agree with you totally. Why try and replicate a failed experiment?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,
    I’m curious what formation of order you might have in mind. The problems we have are usually not derived from the type of governance applied. The cause of societal problems are rooted in the nature of man. Anything short of the next coming of Christ is not going to make people better. imho.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

why rebuild anything? I’d be perfectly happy just to be left alone.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

lonewolf, doing nothing is in fact doing something in that you are letting others decide without your input or participation what they are choosing to rebuild. If you are not an active participant you will be a passive participant but in either event you are a participant.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I think a castle with walls and a moat would be my first rebuilding project. That should be the center of the 6 mile radius. obviously some knowledge of history would be needed. There was a show on tv for awhile about an exmilitary guy building a castle for his family. It was only 6 people though. Good enough for interlocking machine gun fire.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>lonewolf, doing nothing is in fact doing something in that you are letting others decide without your input or participation what they are choosing to rebuild. If you are not an active participant you will be a passive participant but in either event you are a participant.

I don’t care what others do…..i’ll be very happy to be just left alone. depends on the event but as I am expecting a large “die off” any rebuilding of society will be many years, many decades, if at all, down the line.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of norbert77
    norbert77
    Survivalist
    member1

If you want to have a chance at long term survival then stock up on seeds. Not just your local climate plants, but on cooler and warmer climate too in case a pole shift raises or lower temperatures in your area.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Norbert, part of my stocking up on seeds is so as to enable my neighbors to get their own gardens going. Neighbors with food are better than neighbors without.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

“I’m curious what formation of order you might have in mind. The problems we have are usually not derived from the type of governance applied. – See more at: http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/rebuilding-after-shtf-any-plans/page/2/#post-33976

74 – (sorry for long delay – lead up to and holidays have been exhausting this end). – Our plan is really no plan for ‘governance’ – but rather rooted in helpfulness, necessity and community mindedness. We’re concentrating on putting in place physical things we feel may be needed, gathering things we feel may be needed/and people of a mind set we feel may be needed/might still be around. No formal structure for now, nor plans for one. On that, at least for the moment, we are generally all in agreement on that point. Suspending/fighting the urge to define an ‘organization’. Yeah…utopian idea for now…but that’s how we have been rolling for a few years now

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Norbett77 – totally with you on that

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.