Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Since I have no idea what the orders were or why the birth certificate is even mentioned in this, I’ll pass.

Not enough information to say anything is right or wrong.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lakin refused to deploy because he thought Obama was illegitimate. He wanted Obama to prove his natural citizenship.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, refused an order to deploy?
    Illegitimate or not, commander in chief.
    He’s screwed.

Kinda like the dingbat secret service who won’t take a bullet for Trump.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

well if not commander in chief what happens to a soldier who kills a civilian? or anyone else when not sanctioned that’s right you are a murderer. Since he cant be president due to no birth certificate means you personally are liable for damages in a court of law…… imagine that being sued for the **** that went down over there and just following orders does not count just like in Nuremberg… that a 10 on the pucker factor.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of namelus namelus.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There is no free will in the military. Unless your transgender.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

well if not commander in chief what happens to a soldier who kills a civilian? or anyone else when not sanctioned that’s right you are a murderer. Since he cant be president due to no birth certificate means you personally are liable for damages in a court of law…… imagine that being sued for the **** that went down over there and just following orders does not count just like in Nuremberg… that a 10 on the pucker factor.

Can’t be president? Like it or not he was for 8 years. Sworn in, sworn at, the job was his.

Since I’d bet that Zero didn’t give the short Colonel a direct order personally, the gent disobeyed an order from a higher ranking officer.
    Birth certificate or not, he pulled a stupid.

You sign the papers, you’re government property until your contract expires. Free will?
    Ha.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

It was considered a “Direct Order” because MilPers sends out orders under the Commander In Chief’s name. Whether it was a ‘lawful order’ is really to be seen.

Because of the forged birth certificate, sidestepping of this particular issue, registering as a foreigner in school and being allowed to visit Pakistan while there was a US ban in effect for all citizens really makes me think that he probably was never truly born in the US and there was a petition for his citizenship later on by his family.

Too many questions that were politically sidestepped.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Right or wrong, refusing an order is The End of your career.

You will be nuked and tossed out on your ear.

Doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong. I am not agreeing with it, just saying how it is.

The only time that I am aware of when an order was refused on the grounds that it was an unConstitutional order was when a certain unit was ordered to confiscate legally-owned civilian firearms from people in New Orleans after Katrina. Only in that case, it was an entire company refusing the order.

They were quietly moved out of the area and replaced.

Best of my knowledge, there was no “official” blowback.

Dude made his choice and has to stand by it. We all have those moments – a gut check. He made his decision and I am sorry “official” blowback came his way… but he sacked up and did what he believed in.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

While my heart is with LTC Lakin, the petition is just plain stupid – and potentially dangerous. If Lakin wanted to suddenly claim some sort of conscientious objector status under some provision or other, and resign his career (a VERY tough decision once he’s an O-5 if he had under 20 years), he had every right to do so. But like it or not, Barack Hussein Obama was supposedly legitimately elected as President and therefore Commander-in-Chief, and was constitutionally sworn in as such. If Trump did a knee-jerk reaction to this petition and reinstated Lakin, it would embolden anyone and everyone with a grievance from now on, and create chaos in the U.S. military. We’ve got too many social experiments now “serving” (demonstrating) in uniform, under all kinds of banners. The only two banners they need to be serving under are the US flag and their unit colors – not rainbow varieties or any other variety. Again – like it or not, that was a “legitimate” order. If a Muslim Soldier wanted to protest fighting “fellow” muzzies, he/she/it should get out of the military. We don’t have a draft anymore.

And Malgus, the only reason I suspect there was no blowback was because that unit was from Utah – where the 2nd Amendment still means something. That and a small handful of states is the only place there wouldn’t be blowback.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.