Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I just finished Rawles latest book Liberators. It’s a quick read and like his other books gives pause to think about the SHTF scenario he builds his books around. I liked it. His writing gets a tad better with each new book, though none are great works of literature. The one theme of his in the series that I find unrealistic is the UN occupiers. If the US economy completely tanks to the extent that the grid fails, there is no way that the European countries are going to be so unaffected that they can afford to send large numbers of troops and equipment to occupy and pacify the US and Canada. Our economies are too interconnected, and if anything their economies and banks are in even worse shape than ours.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Interesting.. I really enjoyed reading Patriots and learned a lot.Busy with Survivors. Think I will read all his books given the opportunity (need to order over internet, books not available in bookstores this side)

In Afrikaans I would like to say “Mens vat wat jy kan uit die inligting wat vir jou gebied word” You learn and only take what you feel you will need to know from the information presented to you. But in the end you can learn something from almost anybody. From the idiots is will be how you should not behave – that there are other people in life that does not think the way you do.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

You are a wise woman Leopard. I read these type books and watch Doomsday Preppers on TV because I always learn something, even from the ones that have me thinking what in the world are they thinking, and good or bad, they help me think through my own situation.

Profile photo of PaulC
    PaulC
    Survivalist
    member2

Guys, you can also check http://www.audible.com for some good books.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.