Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/13/rap-video-showing-child-being-hanged-causes-uproar.html

Edgy and artistic?
    Come near my kids, I’ll show you something edgy and the artistic will resemble a Jackson Pollock, just all red.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

First off I could barely understand the words but hey I’m just an old dude (I had to go look up the lyrics…..that didn’t help much). I seem to remember old dudes telling me they couldn’t understand the words to some of my music when I was a kid too lol. Anyway, actions speek louder than words and all most will see is a white kid getting hung and the attacking of the teacher in the beginning .The video is despicable. What if the shoe were on the other foot? I haven’t heard of a black man being hung in a very long time. I guess in this kids mind society has not progressed in 60 years and hangings are commonplace still. I find it interesting at the end of the video his little speech talks about being an example to kids and not perpetuating hate yet the actions he depicts( he being the instigator in the classroom) are exactly how people are acting. That video was nothing more than a publicity stunt. The image he personifies is totally opposite of his words in the video. You want to reach and teach kids? Teach them intelligence, common sense and how not to be a thug instead of being the poster child for what you speak against. Ok rant over.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Rant understood and justified. Visual images are generally FAR more powerful than words. He’s only in it for the money and fame, and like a drug dealer he doesn’t care what effect his “product” has when it gets to the end user. These punks neither know NOR really care how it truly was for their grandparents and earlier – they don’t have a clue. They’re just standing on it as a soapbox like they own it, using it solely for their own fame and fortune.

Then yesterday I heard Gladys Knight sing something on a TV show my wife was watching, and I stopped to listen to it. It will get almost zero attention, and probably little play time on the air. Can’t remember the title or most of the words, but it was basically a community unity and “we’re all in this together” song. Will she get attention for that kind of message? Not at all – it doesn’t have the “sizzle” the programming directors are looking for to bring in viewers addicted to the salacious and extreme, which in turn sells advertising. It’s all about the money.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.