Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Just do it

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

You will never learn too much. Knowledge is power. You may not need it today, but it could save your life someday.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C, It will provide a foundation that you will use in all of your shooting. You don’t have to do just one thing either. Try some sporting clays, or skeet. Try out pistolas. You will find all forms of shooting to be enjoyable.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree with everyone here to just joint and do it. You will learn a lot from it.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Looks awesome C. Keep one thing in mind. It takes LOTS of practice being able to shoot 300m + and starting from scratch. Just be patient and keep doing it and you will be successful. Don’t be surprised if they require you to take a fundamentals course or something before they let you join. It will only help you. I wish you the best of luck and have fun.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Long range is fine , but remember , most shoot outs happen at a range of 100 yards or less . most home defense shootings happen between ranges of 5-10 feet , sometimes less ! to me , thats scary as hell when you think about it !

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

F class can be fun, but is on the pricey side.

A large number of my customers shoot long range, or at least try.

You have to walk before you run. Most people who take up f class have problems because they don’t have the fundamentals down for short range let alone 1000y.

By all means take classes and get instruction, but start shorter.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

You should do it, and get your hunting # paper work going ASAP, I’ve heard it can take a year to get a hunter #. Tho you can shoot scheduled C animals (pests) anytime. Then go out hunting, and your in a shooting sport, bound to meet other people too.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

On similar lines , there is a guy that trains people in hand to hand , he does travel to the US once in awhile . Like your shooting training , its expensive , but this guy could kick anybody’s a$$ ! He is a Spetsnaz instructor named Vadim Starov . I would love to train with this guy if I was younger . Here are a couple of links to give you an idea on what you could eventually become with work . After all , you may find yourself is a situation where you are not armed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF5p_1akns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-E8I40-g0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8n1FSE5sI

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Don’t think that being able to shoot 1000 m is like sniper training. There is much more to it than being able to shoot at a distance.

I concur with everyone else regarding doing whatever you need to so that you get trained up. Just remember that “shooting” classes should not be your sole form of learning. Get into hunting as well. You will learn much more about muzzle control from playing twister with a bunch of underbrush and barbed wire than you ever will from standing on a firing line. Range situations don’t truly teach you how to control the muzzle of your firearm……

I always say it to new shooters: Muzzle control will save yours or someone else’s life some day. ALWAYS practice muzzle control above everything else. If you can’t control the muzzle of your firearm you can’t be expected to do anything else with it effectively.

(You catch that I think that muzzle control is important?)

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I also think you should first get comfortable shooting and handling a weapon. Loading ammunition. Your basic stance; being comfortable in your breathing. Learn to shoot at targets at shorter distance until you hit the bulls eye! Let your confidence grow. If you have got a good grouping in center, you can push yourself to shoot accurate at a faster paste. Try shooting while moving – that might be pretty important in real life shootout. Safety being the most important, in the beginning. Clean the weapons (love the smell of gun oil) I would also go for Close quarter combat training. Learn the basic disarm, shooting at night/with the lights off indoor shooting range. Go to shooting range with experienced people.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“We never use the safety on the guns.” C

I’m guessing you meant to say; We alwys use the safety. If not you should.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.