Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Someone made comment in another thread about quality of life being more important than a career. We all have dreams and ambitions. If you are on this website you are more than likely self motivated to some extent. We often times give up a desired quality of life to get things. Maybe it’s morning latte’s for some new piece of kit, that trip for a new car for the wife. Other times we give up family time to make more money. There is nothing wrong with any of these for a season but when they become a way of life we are letting ourselves be robbed. Take some time today and look at your life and preps. What is really important? There will always be another job, another house or another opportunity but every minute lost with those you care about is gone forever. What good are allthose things if you have no one to share them with? Find a balance.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, Finding a balance is the right way to go. It applies to food, products(TV, Car, Clothing, Jewelry), and the must important quality of life with your family and God. That is what I have learned the older I get.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh matt76 Don’t forget about any updates, please email them to me.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

In looking back at the time of my father’s death, there were so many unfinished projects that we were working on, frantically, feverishly. Up early, working late. When he died, they were never finished anyway. That often comes to mind.

Spend time with God and your loved ones. Time is far more valuable than money. Love is more precious than gold. Preps and security are important, but our days are numbered and in God’s hands. Balance…

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

*Applauds Heartily*

Amen, folks.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There comes a time in a persons life , sometimes several times , when you are forced to ask yourself if you are actually happy . If the answer is no , then you need to find out why , if your honest with yourself , you will most likely find the answer …….remember , there are no “stupid ” reasons .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Absolutely Tolik. Nothing is stupid when it is how you feel. Regrets are awfully painful in the end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.