Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ive been to Puerto Rico ………………it was sh*t BEFORE anything happened . Just sayin . Think of it as if Mexico were an island .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

With respect to the article: let he who has eyes to see, READ. But what a difficult piece to read, if we stop long enough to consider that these are masses of human beings, trapped.

Anyone that thinks we on the mainland couldn’t end up in the same situation is terribly short sighted. If (when?) the New Madrid fault lets loose again, the geology of the central U.S. and east coast won’t limit travel of the seismic waves the way the west coast geology does. Damage from the New Madrid quake(s) in 1811/12 was widespread, and a FEMA report says that a 7.7 quake today would result in “ ‘widespread and catastrophic physical damage’ across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee — home to some 44 million people.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-earthquake-study/government-warns-of-catastrophic-u-s-quake-idUSTRE4AJ9EV20081120

People also tend to forget that Charleston, SC, experienced a roughly 7.0 earthquake in 1886, and that was felt in virtually ever city in the nation east of the Rockies. Significant damage occurred in such places as Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, etc.

Forget the EMPs for a moment (not much longer, though – heck, we just dodged another major solar CME a couple of weeks ago). If a major east coast or central U.S. earthquake hits, roads won’t be passable for great distances, and many bridges will be gone. Essentially, almost anywhere in the U.S. could become almost as isolated as Puerto Rico inside of a minute, and the damage would be far more widespread than PR. All those midwest corn and wheat fields would be useless if the machines couldn’t harvest the crops and trucks couldn’t transport them to market.

The article mentioned medications. One “trick” it did not mention was getting a physician to let you have a stronger strength of a medication, as long as it isn’t timed release, and then keep refilling it on time. Break them in half (or quarters) and use what you need, saving the rest. Check the expected safe life of each medication because they vary considerably. Any decent pharmacist should probably be able to tell you what you need to know in a disaster situation when availability isn’t present (just don’t tell him/her that your doctor is giving you 200mg of whatever, but you only need 50 or 100mg). Also ask about refrigeration. Even if your power goes out and you can’t sustain enough power to run the fridge, you at least have preserved your supply nicely up to the point of power loss.

So many things to think about, including all the psychological aspects that Selco has nicely detailed for us, and we’re beginning to hear about in PR. As stated in a previous post, the lessons of Harvey in Houston (now multiplied by Irma and Maria, plus the two Mexicon earthquakes) can be wonderfully instructive to those that have eyes to see….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ever seen the computer simulation of WHEN , not if , the plate drops in California ? Very interesting . They think it will also take out some of Southern Oregon , and part of Baja Mexico , almost with no warning . Yes , there will be the usual tremors , and minor quakes leading up to it , but the plate is just going to drop . Few will escape . All that will be left of California will be a few islands , what were the mountain peaks of northern California , Arizona will be the new west coast . Can you imagine all the floaters washing up from that one ? On a positive note , the liberals will suddenly loose one of their stronger voting blocks .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Can you provide a source for that computer simulation?

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

You ever recovered a “floater”, you wouldn’t make light of it.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes, Tolik, I’d be interested to see what new scenario(s) the geologists have come up with. Do you have a link to that computer simulation?

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I will try to find it , I saw it on a TV documentary . It looked pretty bad , if it was accurate . Nature is going to do whatever it wants to do , when it wants to do it , we are just along for the ride . Apparently an 8.0 going off in California , would also destroy Seattle , because its waterlogged soil is very unstable . The tsunami predicted , would hit Hawaii and Japan . No good news anywhere really . No , never seen a floater , but I have run across a black and bloated , the smell hits you first , before you see it . The visual of things like that doesnt really bother me at all , smells on the other hand do . If I knew the person , it might be a different story , otherwise , I’m pretty unaffected . If I had the brains to get through medical school , I probably would have made a good surgeon because of that neutrality . Seeing a dead cat bothered me more .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Part of the problem in PR is their being an island makes the logistics of getting stuff to them harder. Part is they had not maintained their infrastructure. Part is a bloated dysfunctional govt that cannot do anything quickly or efficiently.

GS is right that something like a New Madrid earthquake would change things quickly on the mainland, not just from the immediate damage, but also from the disruption of bridges and utility/communications/energy infrastructure over the Mississippi coming down cutting East-West transport and links.

This past weekend I was on Long Island for an annual event, this time further out on the island than I normally go. The sprawl is endless and there are not even remotely enough resources to sustain the population if the daily fleet of supply trucks didn’t come. I doubt many there realize just how trapped they are. Other than private boats and a few ferries, there is no way to get off the island except going through NYC. Long Island has about 8 million people. There’s almost 9 million more in NYC itself with another million each in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT plus 6 million in NYC’s sprawl in Northern NJ. Yet few on Long Island realize just how precarious their position is in a major SHTF event. I am always glad when I get north of Westchester County again on my way home.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Slavery in PR was abolished in 1873. The US. won it from Spain. This island is a multicultural timebomb for the US. They’ll take the aid but soon the comunistas will try to take over like they did in cuba and nicaragua. I dont see any point in the US trying to rebuild it into a state or fighting a war over it. It should be granted freedom and made into a country. The damage from Marie looks beyond repair. Their new funding has to be from their own citizens. Bankruptcy is the solution and that cant happen as part of the US. Its a certainity the US communista in the media will scream if President Trump proposes this. But with the event of smart tv where no tv netwerks have real dominance anymore I believe he will win in the big budget battles that are coming. Less taxes, more WALL.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

When was the last time the US gave up anything willingly ? A group of states tried to leave in 1861 .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

korean war. Handed back land taken in war. Look where it got us.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

korean war. Handed back land taken in war. Look where it got us.

LOL! Heck, if they’d allowed our own South to secede 156 years ago, we’d probably be threatened with nukes today too by our States of Northern Aggression.

GS

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS. MacArthur was right. Truman and his “limited war” ugh. They had the US pegged from then on. Sherman’s march to the sea was pure destruction and Macarthurs march to the border of China? And then to be turned back by politics. The south could have stopped the states of northern aggression if they had killed the slaves. Lincoln would not have been killed. He would have literally begged the southern plantation owners and jefferson davis to ship them back to africa. President Trump is incapable of destroying Noko. PR is going to take the same amout of time as the american south took to recover from the civil war. How much food did we send to SK after the war ended.

I dont know. It all happens and people get told lies. As usual. When was lhe last time the US won a war? Panama. Alternate history I suppose.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL , I meant , the last time the US willingly gave up ITS OWN territory ? Never . We have no problem to Pizdets another country . Truman was such a donkey , that Roosevelt wouldnt allow him to go into the war room . Complete moron . The only reason the triple alliance stayed together , was because the war in Europe was in its last stages . Truman didnt have to do anything but let it finish out . Roosevelt was the only person able to keep two difficult people ( Churchill and Stalin ) working together , Truman would have lost the war for us all .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.