Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Greg (alias), I am 26 years old and I live in a city in New York State.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been quietly preparing on the side for approximately a year and a half. I began after I discovered what the real power structure of the US and world is… I realized it is run by absolute monsters, which forced me to rethink and rediscover everything; a paradigm shift. I soon realized that the ‘conspiracy nuts’ were right: Sept 11th was a false flag event. Most importantly, I discovered the true nature of the current financial system.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I am preparing for two main scenarios: a complete financial collapse of the dollar and/or war on U.S. soil. Both of those could play out in a variety of ways and so I’ve built my plans thus far to be flexible. My father and two brothers are also in on it, as is one of my friends and a family friend. The source for my will to survive is to protect my loved ones and to be a missionary during bad times. Having a strong faith has gotten me through some very dark times and I strongly believe in Jesus Christ being our savior. I believe I have been called to spread the word to those who will accept it, and that is very strong motivation for me to stay alive!

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My prepping philosophy is to keep a group of trusted people and get the hell out of the city. We’ve got certain supplies that we will take with us when we do and are selecting locations, routes, etc. I believe having a loose and general plan with plenty of backups is best, because only an arrogant fool thinks he knows exactly how things will play out and plans that way. Anything can happen. For me, a renewable source of food and water are top priority along with defense. People will turn into animals, many will be armed. I will never attack without reason but I will use lethal force to defend myself and loved ones.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If I had 30 seconds left on before I passed away, I would tell everyone that I loved them dearly and would ask for their prayers that God forgive my offenses, because I am certainly no saint. I would then tell them not to be sad and remember me with happy memories.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the family WhiteKnight!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome, whiteknight.  You will find many varied experienced folks here from many different countries and cultures. I  hope you will join right in and contribute, but if not, then I hope you will learn as much as I have.

Ron S

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thanks guys,

It feels so good to link up with other, serious, rational people. Everyone else around me are like delusional sheep, or as I call them: ‘sheeple.’ And I plan on offering advice wherever I can. I will definitely be here often! Great site, btw, Jay and Selco.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

White Knight – Welcome Brother!  I think your plan is well thought out and achievable; just make sure you pay attention to your “inner self” on when to bail.  Many have been caught behind the power curve by waiting too long to make their decisions (think Katrina).  What’s the worst that could happen?  You call in for a sick day or two – if it’s for real you’re way past the out-of-the-city choke points.

I agree with you on the financial situation and believe that this is one of the most likely scenarios also.

On shooting sklls – if you’re on a $1500 budget, it’s more important to purchase a $400 adequate firearm and $1100 worth of ammo for practice than an $1100 firearm with all the fancy coatings and trigger jobs and only $400 of ammo.  Get some quality instruction and practice as much as you can.  Dry fire drills can be just as valuable as live fire as long as the handling techniques remain the same.

Take Care – K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

welcome to the forum

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome White Knight, glad you already have some people you can trust and rely on in your group. Survival and prepping is just like a couple of centuries ago a group activity.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Greg, it is good ad simple survival philosophy.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Welcome and well met. Hold fast to your beliefs.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Greg. Happy for you that you have family members and friends working with you and supporting your efforts. Not everyone is so fortunate. Welcome here!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Very warm welcome, thank you. Now, into the forums I go!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.