Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of twobravo
    twobravo
    Medic
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Matt, I am a 37 year old male, and I live in the Tulsa, Oklahoma metro area.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been into survival and preparedness since I was in my early teens. I grew up around a lot of veterans and learned at an early age that it is wise to prepare to take of yourself and your loved ones sooner rather than later.
    I think that survival and preparedness has always interested me and continues to hold my interest.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I am not preparing for one specific scenario. I think it’s hard to predict what will happen. In my part of the nation, severe weather visits us often. Combine that with the current economy and political issues we face and it’s quite logical for someone to takes steps to look out for themselves.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My prepping / survival philosophy involves taking care of my children, and any loved ones that I’m able to first, and others after that. Family is important because in the end, that’s all you have.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

There are several quotes and words of wisdom to share. Far too many to post here, but I will say….be good, or be good at it.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If I had 30 seconds left to live, I would probably tell any loved ones that are nearby that I love them and to remember me and what I have done while here. Being forgotten sucks.

Be good, or be good at it.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

welcome Matt. I think you will like it here as there are many different life-styles as well as life-experiences. I think most of us here are preparing for the same things; self, loved ones and then others. I look forward to words of wisdom re: preparing. Ron S

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Hello and welcome.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Matt!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Good day, TwoBravo. Welcome !

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Welcome, Matt.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, lots of good stuff going on here.

Profile photo of twobravo
    twobravo
    Medic
    rprepper

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I forgot to add that I have worked in public safety since I was 18 years old. I’ve worked in law enforcement, spent 9 years as a Firefighter/EMT-Basic, 4 years of air medical experience, several years as Deputy Director of Emergency Management for a small town, and a few years as a firearms instructor. I currently work in the private sector doing armed security, firearms instruction, and teaching other classes.

Be good, or be good at it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hi twobravo, looking forward to your comments.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Matt, twobravo!

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome, Matt. We are in Central OK, almost neighbors ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.