Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Yeah, you see I don’t have any German heritage, but the culture fascinates me.

As for the violence…. well I live in America :P

I can kind of understand where the Nazi’s were coming from. Not saying I at all condone the violence they committed, but their movement was sort of the logical, radical conclusion of German romantic nationalism which started to emerge after Napoleon took over Germany.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tsar, A civil war in the U. S. can bring a good or bad government after it is over. You are right but it is always better them to try then to keep being a slave to the government. Violence is all over the world, we have some but with over 300 million it is not so bad. Some violence will always happen in a free Country.

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Freedom, I am more inclined to think the US is not really a nation in itself, but rather a collection of nations. Thus I think a civil war would spell doom for the US as a single entity. At the very least, I think there are three big nations of America (and possibly many more),

-“The North/Yankedom”: The Northeast + parts of the upper Midwest + the Pacific Northwest.

-“The South”: The former confederacy plus some Midwest states tacked on.

-The Southwest: a region in transition, with a large Hispanic population, but also a lot of white and black people who sometimes don’t like each other. This could end up being the most violent region in America if a civil war ever happens.

This is not to mention sub regions, like “Cascadia” or New England.

I am personally at a loss as to what might happen in places like New York state, which are highly diverse, but in the heart of traditional American power (the Northeast).

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tsar, It will be very bad war! If the military has two sides the war maybe big.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Tsar, welcome on board!

My philosophy (being young and naive) is to just try and learn as much of everything as possible, and when in doubt–try and make good impressions current/former police and military.

That’s a great philosophy. Being curious and a lifelong learner are two fundamental parts of being a “good survivalist”. :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Thanks for the encouragement Jay!
    I usually try to meet neighbors (especially the cop ones, I kid you not when I say my neighborhood is full of cops), to get an idea with what I might be dealing with.
    I especially try to get on the good side of the police, whenever possible. They may end up being a new center of power in a post collapse environment.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Fellow young an naive new guy, welcome!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

If you are comfortable uhm… get to know the criminals too. ;)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome!
    Glad to have you here, Tsar!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.