Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi, I’m Toby. Male, 36 years old, and living in the far north of Sweden (Inside the Arctic Circle)

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

From a VERY early age. My first interest was to carry less weight when camping, so the minimalist idea appealed, but as soon as I started attending training courses I was hooked!

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I live in a remote region and work as a professional outdoorsman, so this knowledge and skills are essential for me and my family.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

To coin a phrase I see myself as “always a student, sometimes a teacher”. Continuously improving my knowledge , abilities and sharing with others is what matters most for me.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Get out and practice…

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Write a note to my loved ones saying I’ll miss them and say to whoever is listening, “All the gold is hidden in…”(*dies*)

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Toby – you live in a beautiful country. Am sure you have some interesting/helpful stories to tell and knowledge to share.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Toby, glad to have you here and looking forward to our discussion again!

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

haha Cute last words! Welcome to the forums; I am looking forward to your input as an outdoors professional in an often hostile environment.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks guys! I will try and get on here often as possible as it is going to be one of the best ‘knowledge banks’ on the internet for sure, that said I am frequently out for prolonged periods :)

Tweva, indeed it is beautiful throughout Sweden and here in the North is particularly enchanting, I live right on the doorstep of the Laponia region, so this is my ‘yard’ :D

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/774

Selco, this is an incredible resource you and Jay have constructed here, thanks for allowing me to join!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Toby,
    Glad to have you here!
    My favorite books take place in your country so I’m particularly excited to hear about your experiences in the landscape there.
    Can’t wait to hear more from you on the forums.
    Hannah

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hey Toby, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to work together man! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.