Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello. I am from Western Washington and in my early 40’s.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I don’t consider “survival and preparedness” something you really “get into.” I consider it as something that is very common sense. In almost all countries in the world, there have been disasters/wars/civil unrest/etc. Here in the US we have been very fortunate and have not had to deal with these types of things. Our last, real life SHTF type scenario was during the Great Depression for all practical purposes. Of course there have been smaller things, but nothing like what all of Europe dealt with during WWII, the wars in Africa, civil unrest in Russia, etc. We have become lazy. It only makes sense to me that everyone should take care of their famiies and themselves, thus prepare for bad things to happen.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Preparing for specific things doesn’t make sense to me. It is too narrow minded, IMO. You have to just take care of your family and prepare for what lies ahead. It could be anything from job loss to a natural disaster. Just take care of you and yours.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Simple: Cover all potential contigencies…….

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“Starting fires with friggin sticks and stuff” – Me
    I was asked what types of activies I taught those around me when we went out to the bush.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

In the immortal words of Socrates, “I DRANK WHAT?!?!?!”

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome!

Are you at all into the culture of the Indians in your area?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome to the forums Sledjockey!
    Agree, survival and preparedness should be something that is common sense.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Sledjockey,

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I am not into the local Native culture, but am quite familiar with the culture of the Plains tribes I grew up around. Have a cousin on the rez in Montana and another one that works the rez’s in SD.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>I am not into the local Native culture, but am quite familiar with the culture of the Plains tribes I grew up around. Have a cousin on the rez in Montana and another one that works the rez’s in SD.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Any of the Plains’ people myths and legends that have a basis in reality?

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

It only makes sense to me that everyone should take care of their famiies and themselves, thus prepare for bad things to happen.

+1 That!

Seems like a “living closer with nature” theme running through your profile. Very Refreshing!

Like your grinning dog too :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Sledjockey – welcome brother! Look forward to any input you may have from your experiences. See you in the forums.

Take Care, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.