Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shaunypoo
    shaunypoo
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Shaun, I am mid to late 30’s, a full grown man, and live in the midwest USA

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I really got into it when the first swine flu hit the US. It wasn’t particularly scary in and of itself, but as a biologist by education, I realize that if we don’t do it to ourselves, this is the most likely (IMO) scenario.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I have a wife and 2 little girls and I want to increase their chances of survival if something happens, whether I make it or not. My 2 favorite things to prepare for are economic collapse (whether personal or widespread) and pandemic (also covers certain terror attacks).

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Over the last few years I have gotten more into self sufficiency by gardening and hunting as well as getting my concealed carry permit and other firearms training. I collect books on the subject and learn as many tips and tricks as I can. I teach the girls through camping and other fun activities. I would like to get into alternate energy. My philosophy is basically that I realize that I need to be prepared for if my fears become true, but also need to be prepared in case they don’t. Everything has to make sense for my life as if it were normal as well.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

You can’t take care of others if you can’t take care of yourself.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If I haven’t done or said it by now, it won’t matter.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I am really looking forward to your bio-based perspective on possible SHTF scenarios. Thanks for joining in!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I see that your efforts are sensible and wide ranging. I look forward to useful comments on these boards, shaunypoo. Welcome aboard.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Cant wait to hear more!! Welcome!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Shaun, welcome.
    Agree, pandemic is something that lot of people see only as science fiction movie scenario, in reality they do not know how close that situation is to happen.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Shaunypoo,
    Welcome!
    I can’t wait to hear more of your perspective on things as a biologist.
    Glad you’re here!
    Hannah

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts/plans/perspective on pandemics!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.