Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RSSwizard
    RSSwizard
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

RSSwizard, 32year old male, from the new madrid area in the united states.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

My dad used to teach me about this sort of stuff, but ive also been into video games, and game design, and ive done research on ways to make them more realistic. Big fan of games like Fallout actually, and of the post-apocalyptic genre.

But beyond this im also Homeless and I have been for a couple years now, with a couple times before that. Im disabled (not physical) without a disability check and no hope of getting one. Which means I have no way to take care of myself and nobody will let me stay with them. Thats called falling through the cracks.

And I came into it with some preparedness but experience with things has taught me a little bit more. I credit my overall skill along those lines for being able to have not had any significant problems with it (except for food sometimes, and passing the time, being stinky sometimes and not being able to do anything about it, and being forcably lonely while coping with a strong desire for sex). Still there’s only so much I can do, with the narrow range of what I am able to do.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I have options available to me that aren’t available to many at all, but thats a private issue. The way i see it im already in SHTF. As for how im talking to you right now, I have kept and maintained a laptop ever since I got kicked out of my apartment.

As for why its important, im in shtf but at the same time im not, and id rather be dead than in jail. Yet nobody is going to do that favor for me because out there in the world its still business as usual. However I know without a doubt that the meatgrinder is most certainly coming, and in the meantime id like to pass off my knowledge to others so maybe they can prepare better.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I know the way it will unfold so I know what is important to focus on and what to look for. After the truth begins to get out my focus is going to be on making friends and allies because of the knowledge I have about “the truth”.

The way I see it whats coming is going to level the playing field and I have a chance to get back a life, maybe even the good life, afterwards. I cannot wait until business-as-usual has come to a screeching halt in this world. But there are bigger things that are more important, than people, or this society.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“There’s things a man can do, and there’s things a man can’t do” -Jack Sparrow
    In this he’s saying its not so much about what a person is capable of, but what they are willing to do.

And I would extend this to say my situation mirrors that in some ways, many suggestions people just robotically begin to spew are “things this man cant do”. I have alot of time to think to myself, and im pretty smart, if I could have found a solution I would have a long time ago.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If im next to an enemy, someone who has done this to me, I kill that person and I kill his buddy, and I engage supernatural will in order to keep going so that I dont stop until I pass out.

Otherwise I have some mojo to perform, to maintain control and freedom after death.

And depending on the situation I might just kill myself in those last 30 seconds. If it was zombies, id rather not leave another zombie walking around.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome RSSwizard, looks like we can learn lot of things from you.
    I am glad to have you here!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome RSSwizard

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome RSSwizard. It appears to me that you are already having experiences with SHTF, so when the rest of us encounter the same, you will already have a step up. I have heard it said that when we had the Great Depression in the thirtys, life went on as normal on the Native American Reservations as it had no affect on them. They were already in that situation. Ron S

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Glad I finally read this Wiz…
    What is your location, in general?

I am pretty close to you. I’ve known about the New Madrid for a long time, and I am kind of on the border of it.
    If it cuts loose, I will have lakeside property :D If I survive…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

RSSwizard
    Survivalist
    member3

@Underground – Im up in illinois about almost 50 miles north of cairo (which is where the mississippi and ohio meet).

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Yeah, if the “Big Quake” hits New Madrid, your position is totally submerged (if the geologists are correct)

I’m quite a ways north of where the Wabash River meets the Ohio. Mississippi & Ohio convergence is almost 200 miles from me, and you position is about 140-150 away. I have known about the fault for a long time…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

RSSwizard
    Survivalist
    member3

@underground – Actually I dont buy it about the flooding, but I would say that here a 9.0 would level the bridges and bring down the buildings.

We have a tributary of the mississippi river (called the big muddy river) which flows a few miles from town but we’re high enough above it’s water table that any backup of the mississippi wouldn’t affect us, and we’re about 20 miles away from the river too, with a large ridgeline between us.

Im not concerned about New Madrid though, Mother Earth already decided she wasnt going to make it slip.

Im more concerned about Yellowstone (which affects you as much as it affects me), and also the breakdown of law and lack of resources following an economic collapse. Because of me being homeless I can’t prep, since I can barely even take care of myself as it is, and when the SHTF happens I will literally only have what I have right now (which means no food saved up, since im forced to buy my food every day or rely on soup kitchens to feed me). And because I dont have any money I cant buy a gun, even for my own current self protection. I have a cheap $1 folding knife from walmart which isnt completely sharp either – thats what I start the SHTF situation with.

Also in regard to new energy stuff, you should be looking into Vacuum Energy and the ability to channel it into a physical medium. Thats where OU is eventually going to go and if you can tap into something that doesnt even involve magnetism or electron flow as a starting point you will be a step ahead. What does that, I dont know, my guess would be it involves Crystals or it involves setting up a “field” and the field itself, because of its shape and properties, is what channels the energy in (im learning on the latter here).

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Hmmm

I am into the “Vacuum Energy” research. An online friend of mine calls what I do (or am attempting to do:
    “Field Juggling”.
    In this case, it is trying to “tap” a field without depleting the source charge, and then moving the effect to a converter to isolate it from the source. Without knowing how “4-Space (regular space-time) geometry” transcends into hyperspace, it is quite a futile effort. My efforts have been focused on collecting and converting transient field effects, and converting them to usable wattage. I believe I have isolated the essential elements.
    I am much more well versed in these areas than I am in crystals and pyramid power. I am possibly more of an expert in my arena than any crystal and pyramid power expert is in those fields, as far as channeling that power into wattage, i.e. Electrical Power.

If you are any good at C++ or more specifically Arduino firmware, let me know!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.