Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RROAMM
    RROAMM
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello All,
    I am RROAMM, I am a male in my late 40’s. I presently live in northern Nevada (not Las Vegas, I know it is hard to believe that there is more to Nevada than Las Vegas).

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been into Preparedness since my early teens, not for any natural disaster or WROL event. I was very, very poor and for a time I did not know where I was going to get my next meal. It taught me that in times of good, put a bit aside for when times are bad. I have been hungry and it totally BITES. That time of my life also taught me to be self-sufficient. When you are a teen and have no adult supervision or very little, you can go crazy wild or you can do whats necessary and needed to move on with your life. I choose to move on, it was real close on going wild though.As the years passed, I went from a backpack of supplies to something more substantial.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

My worst case scenario would be a total GRID COLLAPSE. I have been poor, hungry and tried, I don’t want to do it again.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I have a pretty basic survival philosophy. . . . A ounce of preparation is worth, well a hella of a lot more than waiting for the SHTF.
    What matters is having a good group of like-minded people around me and mine. they can be friends or family, we cannot do it alone. In addition having confidence in myself and my skills, knowledge and skills weigh noting.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

If it is not broke, don’t fix it
    If it is broke, I can fix it
    If I broke it, it can’t be fixed

Life is like a ice cream cone on a warm day, it you don’t lick it fast, it melts, runs down your arm and gets all sticky at your elbow.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say

Nothing. I made peace with my maker a loooong time ago.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Rroamm, welcome.
    Being poor and not sure in next meal can teach you very much about life and survival indeed.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome RRoamm, Glad to meet you and hope to hear more.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Good to meet you, Rroamm – welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.