Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Laea
    Laea
    Survivalist
    member1

I have been reading posts for a while, so I thought I should do right and give my introductions. I am a 65 year old grandma in Nashville,TN. Have been prepping for quite a while, my house and garage is getting full. Husband thinks I am a crazy woman who has gone off the deep end! Does not really surpport me in all this…has a wait and see attitude! With him being retired Air Force, I just can’t understand. In August I purchased some property 1/2 acre near Beechgrove,TN. A rural area called Lake Wood Park…anybody hear of it? It has a lake fed by river, lots of trees and surrounded by farms. About 1000 people live out there, but you wouldn’t know it. I even saw a Gadsen flag flying, when I was looking around. Actually met some nice prepper neighbors living on my gravel street. {Plan on this Spring to put small cabin on land. Doing the best I can.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Laea,
    Welcome to the forum.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Laea, and you are definitely not crazy woman!

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Laea, sounds like a nice cabin location. :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Laea.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have some very fond memories of Chattanooga TN , welcome .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. Most folks don’t see what we see and so it is the lucky few preppers who have a spouse or significant other who is in sync with them. My wife and adult daughter don’t see it at all. My adult son does. Fortunately my wife just looks the other way at my prepping activities.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Laea. You are in a beautiful part of the country. It is unfortunate that your husband can’t see the benefit of prepping for something. It can be beneficial in every-day life since with the price of things going up all the time and having preps on hand can let you wait for a sale to replenish some of your supplies. At least that is what some-what turned my wifes thoughts around. Ron S

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good point Ron, my wife does like the fact that we never seem to run out of anything. She just assumes I have more of whatever it is down in the basement, and I almost always do. Recently she started ordering certain personal supplies and specialty foodstuffs by the case online to save money and has me tuck the extras down in the basement until she needs it.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.