Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pinhead
    Pinhead
    Prepper
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello all, I’m Pinhead (the name in no way reflects my mental capacity) and I’m from the state of Pennsylvania in the United States.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I’ve been becoming more interested in survival by the day because I watch economics and politics on a daily basis. The more I see what “they” are doing, the more apparent it becomes that we need to prepare for a world without law and the comforts of utilities.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Basically I see an economic collapse triggering a breakdown of society. The possibility of war on American soil becomes more apparent by the day as well. Whatever the coming event or events may be, their inevitability is carved in stone. Our economy is irreversible, our gov’t is out of control, and our military’s negative impact on the rest of the world is growing towards retaliatory violence.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy is based on, first and foremost, getting away from the nuclear power plant my family and I live near. My wife and my 4 children are my priority. Getting them to safety and ensuring that they can survive as long as possible is my goal. Food to feed our bodies, and guns and ammo to defend my family. Everything else is second.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. – Thomas Jefferson
    (A reminder that freedom comes at a cost)

Enjoy the good times as long as they last. – Selco
    (Simple, but one of the most important aspects of preparing for the future)

True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. – Socrates
    (Learn how to learn, learn how to adapt, learn how to draw knowledge from failure as well as triumph)

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If possible, I would embrace my loved ones, remind them that my death is not theirs, and that they can only survive if they are a backbone for each other.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hey, I liked seeing the Selco quote in your favorites! Welcome to the boards!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome to the school.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yep, welcome to the forum Pinhead, one of mine favorite quote.
    :)

Pinhead
    Pinhead
    Prepper
    member2

Thanks everyone. And Selco, thank you especially for the work you and Jay do… this website and your interviews have opened my eyes to the reality of preparing for the future.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Pinhead,
    I am prepping for an NBC (nuclear bio chemical) disaster, so I can give you some pointers if you need them!
    Glad to have you here!
    Hannah

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi, great too see more people joining us here in this forum :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.