Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Old Sarge
    Old Sarge
    Survivalist
    member1

I am Old Sarge. You have no doubt read many of my comments, opinions, and lessons learned all around the Web. Share yours with us, and we shall do the same.

Time is running out for us. You know it yourself. You feel it with your intuition, like the heaviness of the air before the oncoming storm – the darkening clouds, the rising winds, the distant thunder. And you’re not alone. Others have felt it, too. And they’re getting ready for when the skies open up.

I am old. I remember a time before the Internet, before Man walked on the Moon, before two hundred TV channels numbed the mind. In that long-ago time, people were more clever with their tools and their hands, they worked the land, they measured time by the change of the seasons. There are those of us who still remember.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome!

Popz
    Popz
    Survivalist
    member3

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only “old-timer” here.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Old Sarge, I suspect you have the soul of a poet.

Popz, that makes at least three of us. (At least, to a teenager I am an Old Timer.)

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Old Sarge and welcome here, looking forward to again share opinions with you.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Hey Sarge,

There’s some of us not so old who still cling to the old ways.

I’m ex-military. We live on a small farm in the South, well off the beaten path. It was run down and overgrazed when we got it. After 4 years of work, it’s starting to look and run like a farm should. We grow our own food with heirloom crops – Monsanto isn’t welcome here. Hunt what’s in season. Fish when we can find the time. Run our own stock at what the land will support. If we need something, we usually make it ourselves (me and my boy – he has to learn these skills). Our tractor is probably older than you (old redbelly Ford 8N made in 1947), but it still chugs along doing its job, almost impervious to time.

If you know of The Fourth Turning, we’re headed for a Crisis. Even those who don’t know of T4T can smell it in the air. Something truly awful is headed this way. If the Minnies (Millennials) don’t get off their 4th point of contact and put the iCrap away, the only ones who will be prepared to face what’s coming will be old men and boys. I’m not a Minnie. I’m part of the 13th Generation, also known as Gen X, born in ’67, so please forgive my pessimism and occasional gallows humor…

Just know you’re not alone, that there’s others behind you holding on to the old ways. We do so because the old ways are the best ways…

Some food for thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss-Howe_generational_theory

http://fourthturning.com/

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus, the 8N I was using coughed twice, backfired once and blew the exhaust pipe off the manifold. Needless
    to say it then burned to the ground. Dang heavy paper weight!

Robin

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Old Sarge.You are a wise person. I have read you elsewhere. Yes…there are many that ‘know’ things are not right…can feel it. I think for those of any age that have or do still work with nature it is even easier to just ‘know’ things are out of whack. Sadly many Americans these days rarely see the light of day on their faces.

Old Sarge
    Old Sarge
    Survivalist
    member1

Spasiba, tovarich! ;)

Old Sarge
    Old Sarge
    Survivalist
    member1

Tweva, we agree. I have some more observations coming presently, and I can only hope people take them to heart.

We are no longer in the eleventh hour. We are five minutes to midnight…

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Old Sarge,
    Glad to have you here!
    I’m excited to hear your wisdom on the world around us.
    Hannah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.