Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Hello Everyone – I go by K in similar circles.  Late 40’s – Male.  Finishing up 30 year career as one of Uncle Sam’s Miscreant Collaborators so currently being taxed to death in So-Cal, last duty station.  Planning my escape to the American Redoubt as soon as finances permit.  Hope to secure a few acres as a BOL and eventually move there full time.

Grew up rural so was steeped in the outdoors since the beginning.  Military service just complimented and honed these skills.  Started prepping for real last decade due to worldwide events.

Preparing for all scenarios – would hate to discount any of them; Murphy’s Law says that’s the one that will happen if you do so.  I enjoy learning the tools and techniques of yesteryear that can be depended upon in many SHTF situations.  Also enjoy teaching, discussing and bringing “SHTF deniers” to the fold so they have half a chance of not being dependent when the time comes.

Having all the major bases covered as much as possible, whether a bug-in or bug-out scenario and having enough to cover errant family or close friends as necssary is what matters to me.

I’m a huge fan of America’s “founding fathers” – with Thomas Paine holding a special spot.

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.”

The last question about “30 seconds left to live, what do you do/say?” was interesting, but I believe unanswerable until your time comes.

Anyway, Selco and Jay – great job on the site; appreciate all the hard work.  I look forward to learning much more and maybe contributing a bit now and again.

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the family K!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome K. Just join right in. I think you will fit just right. Ron S

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome to the forum

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hello K! Welcome on board!

I hope all is well and you can move to your BOL as soon as possible. The two biggest benefits I think are you not only know you can actually live there and everything works well, you also cut out the big risk of bugging out.

We make the move these weeks as well (once we get our roof delivered, but dealing with the idiots from this company takes ages).

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks K, welcome and glad to have you here!

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Hooah, K.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hello K – welcome here – look forward to learning from you and your experiences.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, grab a seat and stay a while.

Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Awesome – thanks for all the welcome’s.  Jay, I’m definitely jealous…can’t wait until my roof is on order!

I’ve looked at a bunch of all your top posts and am duly impressed.  This is the place I’ve been looking to join for quite a while.

Okay, back to reading, learning, implementing…

K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Novus Ordo wrote:</div>Hello Everyone – I go by K in similar circles. Late 40′s – Male. Finishing up 30 year career as one of Uncle Sam’s Miscreant Collaborators so currently being taxed to death in So-Cal, last duty station. Planning my escape to the American Redoubt as soon as finances permit. Hope to secure a few acres as a BOL and eventually move there full time.

Grew up rural so was steeped in the outdoors since the beginning. Military service just complimented and honed these skills. Started prepping for real last decade due to worldwide events.

Preparing for all scenarios – would hate to discount any of them; Murphy’s Law says that’s the one that will happen if you do so. I enjoy learning the tools and techniques of yesteryear that can be depended upon in many SHTF situations. Also enjoy teaching, discussing and bringing “SHTF deniers” to the fold so they have half a chance of not being dependent when the time comes.

Having all the major bases covered as much as possible, whether a bug-in or bug-out scenario and having enough to cover errant family or close friends as necssary is what matters to me.

I’m a huge fan of America’s “founding fathers” – with Thomas Paine holding a special spot.

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.”

The last question about “30 seconds left to live, what do you do/say?” was interesting, but I believe unanswerable until your time comes.

Anyway, Selco and Jay – great job on the site; appreciate all the hard work. I look forward to learning much more and maybe contributing a bit now and again.

Semper Fi, K

Just after replying to your greeting, I looked here to make sure I knew who you were, and I have this to comment.

First, congratulations on picking Thomas Paine; he was in a class of his own.

Second, beware of moving to the American Redoubt:
    — You will have horrible winters and, if forced to flee, it will be very easy to track you in the snow.
    — The Japanese Pine Beetle, sprayed by the Government over a gigantic expanse in 2004, has massacred those trees from Mexico to British Columbia, so you no longer have forests but graveyards of trees. Those pine corpses fall on you every time there’s a strong wind. If you insist on going, stick to areas of spruce and fir.
    — Aspens are also under attack now by a beetle of their own. It’s obvious that our masters do not want us there.
    — Ranchers are being forbidden to graze their cattle on the range, so herds have to get smaller and smaller.
    — Under the guise of Nature Conservancy or some such bullshit, increasingly strong pressure will be brought to bear on people to get out of there.
    — Because the good guys have massed there, they are a perfect target.
    — The Army has placed materiel at a point in northern Colorado from which it can easily deploy it over Colorado or Wyoming. I think someone told me that there was an identical depot either in Idaho or by its border in a neighboring state. As they only need to fly the soldiers in, they can do a lightning strike at their leisure.

For those reasons, and others I could put in, I recommend that you rethink whether you really want to go there. One way or another, our lords WILL shove most people east of the Mississippi. At the same time, there are many folks in the Appalachians who are resourceful as heck; and the climate is much more benign.

Anyway, wherever you finally choose to go, have the best of luck.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Anselm – thanks for the link to the article at Rutherford. Absolutely love it. Made my day. Oh were I so eloquent as that writer.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>Anselm – thanks for the link to the article at Rutherford. Absolutely love it. Made my day. Oh were I so eloquent as that writer.

Thank you very much, Tweva. That article was, in effect, a masterpiece. You may also like the diamond-hard articles of another essayist, Paul Craig Roberts; he can be read at http://www.paulcraigroberts.org; and both http://www.prisonplanet.com and http://www.rense.com link to him constantly. Roberts goes to the core and has no fluff.

Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Anselm – thanks for the advice; I’ll take heed of it although I still think I want to give it a run. I like the mountains and the open space. If I have to move, then so be it, but I might be dug in like a tick by then….someone’s got to remind the gubmint that the Constitution forbids them from “owning” land for other than military use. Hasn’t stopped them yet though has it? Maybe we need a few more Bundy standoffs.

- Thomas Paine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.