Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Hi all, and sorry for the delay in catching up with the forum.

I’ve been following Selco’s invaluable updates since the very beginning, but given that there is virtually no prepping / survivalist mindset where I reside, I kept postponing the communal aspect of my participation.

I’m 43, fit and accustomed to self restraint, born, raised and living in the area south of Lisbon, Portugal. I practice archery, bushcraft, workouts, and keep a steadily cultivated brain. Working as a highschool teacher does wonders for the soul.

Balance is everything ,and balance is not having all of the good things, nor all of the bad things, but reaching for either when it becomes lacking. Apart from that, there is only waiting for the day when last laughs harder.

Best.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, drag up a chair and stay a while.
    Good luck finding people in your area, it’s a challenge everywhere.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome morning.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Thanx, I’ll be around on a steady basis from now on :)

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Morning, 43, M, Lisbon

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Age 30, many life catalysts including Y2K and a cardiac scare.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Nothing is certain but uncertainty. If life has a purpose to delay death then let us do it elegantly.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Water, land, ammo, mental, emotional and physical readiness in no special order. Uncivilized reactions – these can save you.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Yeah, too many to paste from Spooner to Cicero.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Absolutely nothing.

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome Morning.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the family Morning!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Thanks. Something that may be lost in translation is an old portuguese army saying/reply: when someone addresses you or a third party as “colleague” (or fellow, partner, anything other than brother or comrade (in arms, there is a subtle difference in the original)) the immediate corps reflex is to say “hookers , not servicemen, are (e.g.) colleagues”. This was the old school local way of asserting that eating dirt together trumps fellowship anytime, anyplace. As I said, lost in translation. Just to illustrate why I won’t be using collective nouns in this or any other forum even if I have to delve as deep as my english goes :)

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Husky, going off grid is a long standing dream of mine. I’ve dragged two old friends, a croatian and a finn, into prepping for a polar incursion (fly to Tromso and improvise from there)to take place in 2016 but it is, as I said, aught but a fantasy so far. Portugal is peripheral in more aspects than one can imagine.

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Have to admit it’s highly rewarding to join this forum.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the forums Morning!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Morning, i like what you said about balance, it is true.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Morning!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

It seems that every time I heard the phrase “shipmate” I would put my back up against something solid and wait for the bad news (well shipmate, you will have to pull extra duty for the next week!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.