Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ziacles
    Ziacles
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Ziacles. 50 male, Montana

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Started thinking about it in 1993 when I first met a survivalist in California. It has been a steady transition of my way of life over the last 10 years. From consumer, drive through window, ATM oriented to self-sufficiency.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I hate the idea of dying because I did not prepare. I’m a boy scout, so “Be prepared!” I hate the idea of my family being hurt even more, so once I started thinking about that I was headed down the prepper road. I have always been a fan of post-apocalyptic SciFi (Earth Abides, Alas Babylon, Farnhams Freehold etc.) So I am familiar with several unpleasant scenarios that can result and wish to avoid them.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Eating, drinking water, sleeping, not watching my loved ones be cut down (or worse).

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

See you on the other side.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Montana. You will fin others here that are like you in that we have a healthy aversion to dying for lack of food or water, evenfoe a short-term emergency. looking forward to your views on things also. Ron S

Profile photo of Ziacles
    Ziacles
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Lately I’ve been thinking about the level of preparation that is prudent and that the answer probably depends on where you live and your assessment of the probability of a WROL SHTF event (and it(s) duration).

I think I can learn a lot here and am humbled by the accounts of those from Eastern Europe and South Africa. I wonder what we’ll learn later from those in the path of ISIS as they attempt to finish what the Ottomans started in 900 AD.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Ziacles.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome aboard!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Ziacles

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Ziacles!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Ziacles!

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

I have a constant awe for Montana, having spent a month there not long ago. But, the one thing I saw and wondered was the TSA truck stopping a SUV and a white family and looking through their stuff…never seen that anywhere but the airport. Best Native American pow wows too! It is “affordable” to live there isn’t it?

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

BTW, a big WELCOME from an admirer of Montana…

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Welcome to a better life in the future Ziacles. Montana is one of the American redoubt states. It sure is getting crazy everywhere else.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.