Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of magellan2004
    magellan2004
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Jason, 42, Male, SE Louisiana, Veteran U.S. Army (Operation Desert Storm / Desert Shield), 32nd Degree Freemason

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I grew up as an outdoorsman, hunting and fishing, my father was an IPSC competitive shooter and co-owned a gunshop. He and my Uncle were mildly active preppers even during the 1990’s. I grew up in a very politically active and politically cognizant family. The last 12 years or so have been a wake up call. Our society cannot sustain itself on its current course.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

My main concern is what appears to be a deliberate economic meltdown to bring about the collapse of our society in order to usher in a new one world society which concerns itself more with the agendas of the elite rather than on individual freedoms.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I would say active prepping, not hiding in a hole waiting to die. I believe in having a secure safe house, but not so much a long term bunker. My group is active in shooting, bushcraft, gardening, herbology, primitive skills, reloading, casting our own bullets, self sustaining energy production (solar, hydro, and wood gas). We believe in not only being able to protect ourselves but also making ourselves marketable in a barter type society. By being able to make black powder, cast bullets, grow produce, make bows and arrows, make honey, make leather, make wine / beer / distilled spirits, as well as other skills we can not only survive but thrive.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Too many to list, I cannot name 1 quote that encompasses all. But “In Vino Veritas” works for me :)

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Don’t make it be for nothing….go live.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

It’s great to have you, Jason! Your profile hits all of the things I think would set one up for the best possible survival outcome – looking forward to seeing your views on the topics, and hearing more about your group!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

A heavy emphasis on a wide range of skills, and a willingness to interact with others. I like the sound of that, Magellan.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Cant wait to hear more, and Welcome!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of magellan2004
    magellan2004
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I forgot to mention I also lived through a direct hit by Hurricane Katrina, I definitely learned alot during that time about outdoor cooking, water conservation, conducting business, banking (they look at you funny when you make bank deposits with an ammo can and 2 guys carrying AK47s), as well as many other real world scenarios that I never thought about before. I still have many very good friends in the local National Guard and local Police, I learned that inviting those guys over for fellowship and a hot cooked meal can go a long way towards your own security as well as staying up on current developments when most communications are down.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Jason, pretty good quote!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Jason!

Would you mind writing about your experiences in the Lessons Learned forum?

In the long run we really hope to get a lot of people sharing their personal experience. We can all learn from each other.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.