Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Chris, 40, Male, Married with 16 yr old, Western Montana

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been into “prepping” since I was very young. We lived in “hurricane alley” and “tornado alley” in Central Alabama. Our skills were tested during an ice storm in 1993 when we lost all power for almost 3 months. We were in a rural area, and last on the fixit list.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Mild to wild. Some scenarios cannot be prepared for. For these, I put my faith in my Lord and Savior.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy is governed by my belief in God and the Scriptures. What matters for me is the preservation of those in my community. In my area, we watch out for each other. When someone in our community is in need, we help any way we can.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“Then said he unto them, ‘But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.'”–Luke 22:36

“The wise man sees trouble coming and prepares for it. The fool just continues on his way” (paraphrase from the Book of Proverbs)

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I pray to God to receive my spirit, and to forgive he that slay me. I have made my peace with my mortality.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Lone Eagle!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome Lone Eagle! Glad you already live in such a community. Are people around you actively prepping?

3 months is a long time without power, it would be great if you could share how you coped with this situation Personal Survival Experience & Lessons Learned forum.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome to the community Lone Eagle

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Chris!

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

welcome

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the forums Lone Eagle/Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.