Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of La Fayette
    La Fayette
    Prepper
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Steven, 38 years old, Male, located in France. My mother tongue is not english, so I apologize in advance for the language mistakes I will probably commit ^^

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have realized that I came to prepping when I became a 1st aid responder. But I Have been really in prepping for 3 years.
    Since then I have been practicing several survival courses here with well-respected people in these fields ( “real” courses = practice, practice & practice…), and took a better control on my life: financial issues, personal health through sport and nutrition for me and my son…etc and of course i have been reading and reading a tremendous amount of stuff concerning other people experience. And I still do.
    I have been reading this forum for 2 years, without participating. Now it is time for me to act a little more, and to give & share instead of only grabbing the useful stuff.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

According to where i live, the most likely to occur is supposed to be: economy disaster, flooding and terrorism (risk assessment). But the more I progress, the more i get the idea that preparedness should not focus on one risk…
    Preparedness has also been a real “fear-killer” to me. I may post on this, one day.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy concerning survival goes through state of mind and attitude (acting in coherence with your purposes). I also believe strongly in the step-by-step process, according to each person’s resources: it may take time, but it is so strong once built…
    I also strongly believe that prepping helps you to be a pillar in your family and your community, an “oasis of stability” in the desert of fears, rumors and hate… you can help people being stronger by showing, teaching… or simply doing

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

There are men who struggle for a day and they are good.
    There are men who struggle for a year and they are better.
    There are men who struggle many years, and they are better still.
    But there are those who struggle all their lives:
    These are the indispensable ones
    (B.Brecht)

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I prefer skip this (not sure to be able to tell something relevant)

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome La Fayette.

Hope you find it enjoyable here…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Welcome La Fayette. :)

I like the idea you stated that prepping is a real “fear killer”. I will wait to read your post on the topic.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you for joining us, La Fayette !

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. The name LaFayette is very renowned and respected in the US ever since the Revolutionary War.

Know that Americans share France’s grief over the terrorist attack in Paris.

Your English is great by the way.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here La Fayette!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum La Fayette

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome LaFayette. No apologies are necessary. Your command of the English Language is infinitely better than my command of the French Language. With your background as a first responder, I am looking forward to learning from you. Ron S.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

La Fayette welcome

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Welcome

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.