Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Kollaps works for now…nearing 30, male, and CA & TN

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Living with some less than savory individuals in less than safe environments and circumstances…

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

It is important because a day will come where we are unprepared–no matter how much we have prepared for it. The best we can do is hope to minimize the effect of that realization.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Do what you must…

What matters to me: myself, my God as I understand Him, and my loved ones. Everything else is inconsequential.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Everything has an end.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Try to take out the person who took me out. If it is natural causes: “Thank you, and I love you,” to my loved ones.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the group!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the family!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Popz
    Popz
    Survivalist
    member3

Howdy and welcome. Is “Kollaps” perhaps a simile for something else?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Kollaps. Absolutely, it is about minimizing the effect, there is no man who is absolutely prepared.

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Progress, not perfection!

And thank you, Selco. Your suggestions helped me a lot in getting my head right when I had my version of SHTF. Granted, it was a lot different than yours, but your lessons have been invaluable, and the course fantastic!

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks, Popz!

Kollaps is German for “collapse,” and phonetically similar. It is actually the name of an album and song I was a fan of in college, but it is a handle I use in many circumstances. Coincidentally, it just happens to have a different meaning here. =)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.