Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Juney
    Juney
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

You may call me Juney. I’m around 45 years old. I have a wife about my age, and sons who are about 12 years old. I live between Canton and Cambridge, Ohio. I make a living providing direct patient care in a hospital setting.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

My awakening occurred when I learned about Peak Oil Theory. About 2006? 2007? FREAKED me out…lost sleep…made drastic plans that needed implemented NOW-NOW-NOW-NOW…panicked, in other words. That lasted about a week, then I came down, started learning, and it’s been all progressive/constructive since.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Preparedness, for me, revolves around what I see as My Duty As A Father/Husband…to provide/ protect/ instruct/ feed my children and my wife. Pretty chauvinistic stuff :) My main scenario involves economic decline, with sudden events of turmoil/ unrest/ hyperinflation, that sort of thing.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I want to be able to feed my family, keep a roof over their head, and provide them a safe environ to grow/thrive in .

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

I’ll go with Words of Wisdom…there’s a site called “Listening to Katrina”. And a video called “Don’t Talk To The Police”. Both of these gave me so much.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Depends on situation…either I try to save a family member/friend/fellow fighter by fighting or making a last-moment heroic sacrifice. OR, if I’m dying in a non-conflict way, I will die praying to Jesus for forgiveness.(((Of course that’s optimal…who knows what they’ll do with their last 30 seconds…how do you even KNOW they’re your last 30 ?? You don’t… so you better live.)))

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Juney,

You will learn a lot from all our member here.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a seat and stay a while.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of Juney
    Juney
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I hope I do learn a lot.

I know that I’ve learned some things from Selco and his blog. It’s nice to read what people really went through, rather than the opinions of armchair-survivalists ((Of course, that’s what I am, having never been in any situation a person would call SHTF, and hopefully it never happens! )).

Thank you for the warm welcome !

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome, juney. As they say, don’t take financial advice from someone who is broke. And as you said, don’t take survival advice from someone who hypothesizes from an armchair. Selco has not only experienced the worst, but he survived it. We all have much to learn.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Juney and welcome here!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Juney, survival is a good place for chauvinistic stuff but every gender can be strong if they chose to. Feeling responsible for people you love and care about is a great motivation to sort things out and yeah you are right, usually you dont know when your time is up so focus on living! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hi Juney,
    Being responsible to people depending on you is not chauvinistic, it’s doing the right thing.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Juney,
    Welcome!
    Glad you have medical knowledge on board. Feel free to share!
    Glad to have you here.
    Hannah

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the boards Juney!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Hi Juney and welcome.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.