Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Neil and I reside in CT.
    I am a 15 year-old male who lives in the United States of America.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I put myself into the survival and preparedness mindset after discovering the blunt reality of where my country is heading in the next couple of months.
    I don’t want to be caught surprised and scared like the vast majority of Americans will be when the economy collapses in the United States.

Since then I have been preparing myself and my close friend for the upcoming economic collapse. I have been training myself with basic outdoor skills combined with situational awareness in urban and suburban environments.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Survival and preparedness is important to me due to the fact that I realized that the only person who can take responsibility for our lives is ourselves. I need to learn how to take care of my self and the members of my family in order to increase our chances of survival in the hell that awaits us. I am preparing for the upcoming economic collapse in the US.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My preparing philosophy is integrated with my life philosophy “Become a Stronger Version of Yourself” by Elliot Hulse. Preparing myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually has made me into a much stronger version of what I was 2 years ago.What matters to me most is the life of my family, close friends, and myself.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

The Boy Scout Motto “Be Prepared”
    Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I would tell my family members that I loved them all so much
    and that I forgive them for all of the hardships they have put me through.
    I would say a prayer to God begging for forgiveness
    for my sins and I would forgive all of my enemies for what they have done to me and others that they have harmed.
    `

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the forum Neil – don’t hesitate to chime in!

Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thanks tweva, I’m looking forward to contributing to this forum!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the family Irish!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome Neil,

Sit back and try to absorb as much as you can.

I wouldn’t worry about the next couple months,  but the next decade now that’s something to be concerned with.

I started out about the same age you are, three decades later,  we’re still here and grinding away. Take it slow, learn what you can and all that you can.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Neil

Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Whirlibird, there is a lot of information on this website that I need to take advantage of, and it is a lot to wrap my head around. As you said, I just need to take it easy and wrap my head around all of it.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome to the forum Neil!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome Irish! Very mature and wise attitude you got there. Shows again you can’t put an age on wisdom and intelligence. Survival is a lot about freedom and self improvement. I wish I would have had this interested from such an early age on.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Neil.  One is never too old or too young to learn. If you know more about a certain subject than I, then please pass it along. I don’t think I am too to learn but sometimes I have to be reminded again in order to fully comprehend.   Ron S

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

welcome to the forum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.