Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hillbilly
    Hillbilly
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Tom, but I go by Hillbilly to those who know me. I’m 55 year old male I have a wife and 3 sons, all grown. I live in northern california in the shasta mountains on a little acreage. I’m a butcher by trade and grew up on a working ranch. No military experience but I have been involved in the militia for a year or so. Not so much anymore as I’ve been too busy with life’s responsibilities .

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I’ve been in prepping mode for a couple of years now, but it’s always been in my nature. Storing supplies is just what you do when you live in the mountains.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Probably economic collapse, I think whatever happens, that will follow along with martial law.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Learn as much as I can, practice what I learn and prepare for family to come to my place. So I prep for them as well as my wife and sons. Food matters, the ability to produce everything from meat to moonshine and the ability to protect it.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Yes.. General James Mattis U.S.M.C. ” I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery, But I’m pleading with you , with tears in my eyes If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all, and be polite, be courteous. And have a plan to kill everyone you meet…

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Depends on who hearing it. If it’s my family I say Goodnight moon.. has special meaning to my family, a book I used to read to the boys when they were little. If it’s my enemy, I pull the pin on the grenade and say, I know where the gold is buried come closer and I’ll tell you……..

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome Hillbilly!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Tom, glad to have you here!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Hillbilly
    Hillbilly
    Survivalist
    member3

Broadside ,Selco and Whirlibird, thanks, glad to be around like minded people. I’ll do a post on processing meat/game and poultry soon enough, if thats ok? I’ve been at it for while now, it’s what I do. Beer and moonshine and simple wines is something else I do. Yesterday I started my tobacco seeds, looking forward to growing my own. I’ll be all over this site, count on it!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Tom, Happy to have you here.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.