Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Tracy or Husky works fine. I am 38, my location is Newfoundland Canada.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Pretty much my whole life. Statrted with my father running trap lines in northern ont. From there it just evolved.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

We prep for every thing in all honestly. Weather, war, economic crash…..

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

What matters… I’ll start with my family. I prep for them and for the feelings of being some what safe. I know what its like to go hungry, be cold and fight to live. I dont want it for them.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Dont eat the yellow snow.Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless he doesn’t like sushi – then you also have to teach him to cook.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

ODD the weapons are you know where! YDD the peanut butter is in the cupboard. DH get them out of here. DAD dont feed me ti the dog!! Oh and I love you all.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Tracy.
    I hope we gonna learn something from your experience.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hey Tracy! Welcome to the community. I recently heard from some guys who wanted to buy land in northern Ontario. How is it up there, year around? Are the mosquitos a major problem? I just heard it is much cooler than in the south.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Northern Ont is great, but at this Time I am in the world better known as Newfoundland. Worst again a small Island off the coast of Newfoundland called Bell Island. l now deal with salt water, nippers (black flies).
    Last time there…Umm yup the sqeeters where hell.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of dtrammel
    dtrammel
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Great to see someone from the “Great White North”. Once global climate change bakes us out down here in the Midwest of the USA, we’re all headed north to become Canadians…lol.

I’ll bring my fishing pole.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Might want to bring rain gear and winter gear as well. Winter was hell in my neck of the woods this year!! lol

George S. Patton

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Nice! Newfoundland is amazing. I really want to go hiking there. I think the other guys wanted to go up north in the west of Ontario.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Loved your quotes! Welcome!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I especially liked your second pearl of wisdom.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

From one Newfoundlander to another, Welcome!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Thank you, Mr Red

George S. Patton

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.