Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gwyddone
    Gwyddone
    member2

Hi, I’m Gwyddone, female, 26 years, in Europe, Hungary. I’m into preparedness since a few years, very mildly, as I’ve experienced a few unpleasant things. Nothing serious, but still got me thinking, and since my mother is in civil protection service, some of the preparing is almost natural. My scenarios are mostly just minor things, nothing specific, but I’m a bit worried… and since I’m a bit into hiking, I often mix prepping with this. Most of my supplies is useful for both, and preparing mainly means learning little things, from how to make baskets to how to can things, or what plants are edible, or a little bit about mushrooms and herbs.
    I don’t really have a philosophy about this, beside the common “I want to live, and if it’s possible, provide comfort”. I’m worried about my family, since I have 3 beautiful younger sisters, 3 sickly grandparents, a little niece and a young nephew… and I don’t want them be in any kind of trouble. The only word of wisdom is from my grandma, “Stock doesn’t ask to be feed”, or I could translate it something like this. About the 30 secs thing… well, probably… “Run, you fools!”

Just a little update – I finished a basic firefighter training, aced an exam about civil protection services, and currently I’m a civil protection rapporteur in a small district. Currently I’m under training in catastrophe management and preparing to do my basic care exam:)

"just a little girl"

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Gwyddone, I am glad that we have somebody from Hungary too. Looking forward to your participation in our community.

Your mother being in civil protection probably means some good advices for you.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Gwyddone, hope you will find many thing in the forum that will help you prepare better.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome to the forum!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Better run than losing a fight or getting hurt. Welcome to the forum! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Gwyddone – Welcome aboard! Many good discussions here that will help you learn a ton along with many experienced people on several subjects. I look forward to your comments here – would suggest that you discuss some of the topics with your mother and then you can also provide her input from her perspective if you choose in addition to the perspective in your part of the world.

Take care, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.