Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Beach
    Bruce Beach
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

This is Bruce Beach, octogenarian, great grandfather, Founder of the Ark Two survival complex in Ontario Canada, and considered by the PhD authors of “Dancing at Armageddon” as being “The Dean of American Survivalists.” Probably a title he gets just by being around longer than anyone else.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Started with a Bug Out Bag in 1950, long before there was even such an expression. Built and sold fallout shelters during the Cuban missile crises which was before most of today’s preppers were even born. Experience in the US Air Force, stationed in another country at what was to become a secret US missile base, with its own nuclear power generating system, and later becoming a Radiological Scientific Officer, provide me a perspective on nuclear weapons – that few have.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

People say that I am a one stringed instrument, preparing solely for nuclear WW3, and through the decades expecting it imminently. I have been through all the prepper phases from BOB, BOL,
    having a jointly owned family shelter to building the present large community shelter for 500 that was shown on the National Geographic “Doomsday Preppers” show.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My three top rules for survival have become somewhat famous. They are:

#1 Get out of the City
    #2 Get out of the City
    #3 Get out of the City

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

My philosophy has grown far beyond what is now commonly considered prepping. I am concerned about the reconstruction of society after nuclear WW3. My slogans are “To Build a Better World” and Safe America For Everyone which is featured on my website http://www.webpal.org/

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

In the last 30 seconds of my life – my cry would still be: “Lord, what do you want me to do?”

Peace and love,
    Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Fascinating, Bruce, and really great to have you! Can I ask, as an aside, when you say “Get out of the city,” do you mean just specifically the inner/big cities, or do you mean even the metropolitan areas that would be considered suburbs, or even smaller towns? (I think my question goes to whether it’s a population density-guided piece of advice, or whether it’s best not to be around ANYONE at all, whether 5000-pop towns or 500,000-pop big cities.) You’ve no doubt answered this question a hundred times before, but I am behind on my reading. :) Thanks for any input, and I’m looking forward to hearing more from you!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

I lived on your site and watch all your videos. Welcome!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello again Bruce and welcome, looking forward to read from you!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

It’s very likely you will have the record for the longest time prepping here. Welcome Bruce.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Bruce. Impressive background! When it comes to shelters, you probably have seen it all. Welcome to the community!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Psalm127
    Psalm127
    Survivalist
    member1

Welcome Bruce! I am a big fan or creative repurposing and field-expedient solutions such as your school buses and their ventilation system! No need to pay top dollar to have somebody else build things for you!

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Grandfather Prepper, you have the right attitude about your philosophy! I completely concur – get out of the city! Good to have you here!

Profile photo of Tracer
    Tracer
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Hi Bruce,
    Great to see you here.
    Enjoying the Ark2 newsletters, good luck in all your projects!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Bruce,
    I am so glad you’re here!
    When I saw you on Doomsday Preppers, it urged me to be more prepared for an NBC disaster or attack. Which is now one of my main concerns regarding a SHTF scenario.
    I can’t thank you enough for that.
    I’m really excited to hear more from you!
    Hannah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.