Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Girl Scout!

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome. One the first page of “forums” there is an search option. Plug in “rain”. One entry is with photo of a really neat system. Using gutters there are barrels laying on their sides. Hose runs from one to the other. Looks like wine casks setup.
    Robin

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome, GIRL SCOUT!!!

I was a Boy Scout, well on my way to Eagle, but my troop moved, Twice, and my records were lost… So I just concentrated on the campouts and swimming, and other activities. I did get most all my Skill Awards and Merit Badges twice, but when I was older (17) I just decided to stay in for the fun things :D

Glad you are here, the ladies are great, but we need more of them!
    Knock “hubby” over the head for me (JK) and get him on board.
    Like MalGus said, it’s a process, so keep working on him!

The land/cabin sounds great. My wife has some relatives in Idaho,
    small world!

PS: Glad you are into firearms ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of etxgranny
    etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

Hello and welcome GirlScout! Remember slow and steady is best and to do what feels right for you and yours. I have prepped solo myself but my husband came around after he found his niche years ago. I wish you the best and glad to have you on the forum…these posters know their stuff!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Girlscout.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

GirlScout – glad to have you here! My wife teases a bit still too – but those antique lamps and candles sure came in handy during the last power outage and then I think the “light came on”, ha, ha! I’ve got a similar plan to secure some acreage somewhere up there with you eventually – especially like Idaho County with its “no building codes”. Agree with Malgus though too – 10 acres is my minimum.

Anyway, welcome aboard – look forward to your posts!

K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome GirlScout. I understand the spouse thing. Mine doesn’t get it but she is fine with me buying whatever I want so long as she gets to do the same. When we bought what was our bug out home (which is now our fulltime home) she was OK with it so long as she could direct the renovations (the house was a bit of a fixer upper). I think preppers are just born that way. My son is totally in sync with me. My daughter mostly humors me.

Profile photo of Desert Duck
    Desert Duck
    Survivalist
    member1

Good to know many of us have spouses that are coming along to our way of thinking. I’m 46 too and took wife out to shooting range recently. She’s a natural shot, so I’ll behave myself now that she can handle a rifle. We are south of you in northern Utah. Passing through ideeho tomorrow en route to Montana!

Welcome, GirlScout.

To all former Boy Scouts who didn’t make Eagle… No need to bring it up. Not worth repenting that you fell short… That just helps statistics of the rarity to earn. You Life rank scouts are now pardoned.

For water… Check out a website called findaspring.com and make those stops part of your routine. I’ve gained and learned several natural springs as I travel the western states fir my job.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.