Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of riffels
    riffels
    Survivalist
    member1

My name is John Snider. I am 58 years old and live in the Kansas City, MO area. I have been into preparing for an uncertain future for about 6 years now. I feel the need to be prepared the best that I can because the nation that I love is sliding slowly (and I feel unstoppably) over a cliff into chaos. Survival is important to me because I want to live through this along with my family and team members to provide all that I can offer to rebuild our society and a reasonable and simple way of life.

My philosophy is that we need to be able to live reasonably comfortably and securely in an environment where we can grow our own food and secure our home. I have two bug out locations in separate directions from my house with food, armament and OPSEC with team members living in both locations to provide security for the measures we have put into place already. I believe that we must continuously be vigilant and upgrade our food, water, clothing and security in each location.

Some of my favorite quotes are:
    “The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”
    “We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission.”
    “All politics in this country now is just dress rehearsal for civil war.”

If I had 30 seconds to live, I would want to be assured that my family is safe and can continue living safely.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stsy a while.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. Myself and I am sure others here would be interested in learning how you were able to get your team formed. It is an issue many struggle with, especially in an environment where most look at you as you are crazy if you even bring up the topic.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome riffels. I also would like to echo MountainBikers question of how you were able to form your survival team, if you care to share.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome to SHTF Forum! Enjoy !

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Riffels!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum John Snider.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”

I LIKE THAT! Welcome John! :)

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome to the forum Riffels! I do indeed like your quotes!

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome! Last time I was in Missouri it was camping in Mark Twain National Forest. Nice place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.