Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    flyfree
    flyfree
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Flyfree, 43, male, Southwest Germany. Was a Paratrooper in the Germany Army. My hobbies are hunting, 4×4 offroading, camping (with the 4×4 and roof tent), long range and defense shooting, reloading and softair. So almost all prepping equipemt/supplies can also be used for my hobbies and vice versa. Most important for me is training with the stuff. And I still find parts and processes not working in a way they are intended to. Softair is one of the most underestimated things that can help you train for X-day. It shows you exactly which are the correct 5% shown in Hollywood gunfights and which are the 95% donotworkinreallife.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Since 2008, when I lost my job (for a short time) in the first “financial crisis”

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I want to be one of the last men standings, have already come to far in life in order to give it up due to an SHTF scenario. Prepping for civil unrest/ civil war due to bank and state collapses. Not prepping for natural desaster as almost not possible in my region.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

90% do the job, but the 90% must apply for all parts of preparation.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Furchtlos und trew (Google for Württemberg and soldier ;-))

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I already ate/drunk/did 90% of the things I wanted to, so I was lucky so far and had a happy life

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the club!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

You are welcome here, flyfree.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Great to have you, Flyfree, and I liked the quote, too! (I did have to Google it!) Being a fan of the guttural language families, I’m sure it sounds much better in German than when I tried to pronounce it! :)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Flyfree!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hallo Flyfree! Willkommen im Forum! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hello and welcome

flyfree
    flyfree
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Hi girls and guys, thanks for the welcome!

To make one point clear – you will not find too many Germans like me in this forum…unfortunately…
    There are some preppers, but 70% of them come from the left wing ” i dont like the state” area. And those folks also hate weapons….So judge yourself what´s the point…You don´t own what you can´t protect!

Even for an american level I had many days of expensive professional defensive shooting training, so if you have any personal questions on weapons and shooting questions, please feel free to send me a pm also!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.