Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Edheler
    Edheler
    Survivalist
    rreviwer

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Edheler, middle age male, Western Pennsylvania
    Appleseed Shoot Boss, Moderator http://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I was into being prepared before I ever knew what to call it. I have been lightly preparing ever since I first read Lucifer’s Hammer back in the early 1990’s. It wasn’t until 2007 that I started to seriously prepare in a systemic way. I became aware of the financial crisis that was brewing a bit before it happened. It caused me to consider some unpleasant possibilities that made me concerned for our future stability.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I don’t believe in giving up and would never quit without a fight. I prepare for anything that might disrupt my life. That includes everything from small every day personal disasters to a nuclear induced high altitude electromagnetic pulse. Every disaster that you can think of deserves to be on your threat matrix and deserves a plan for how to escape, evade, survive and thrive.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Be prepared for anything the world might throw at you and have the skills to do what needs to be done. I would much prefer to be a jack of all trades and a master of very few. You never know what you might need one day to save lives.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Live your life to the fullest each day and you will not meet your end regretting something that you didn’t achieve.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

It depends entirely upon the circumstances. I am just too analytical to really have an answer for such an open ended question.

Jay invited me here by sending me a message on Reddit. My responsibilities as a moderator of the preppers community on Reddit tend to keep me pretty busy as far as forums go. I will try to chime in when I can help.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Edheler – hope you have time here and there to join us!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Edheler

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Edheler!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Edheler, glad you joined! I read the subreddit on a regular basis. Great community over there.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, will have to check the other out.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Edheler,
    Glad to have you here!
    Will definitely check the other Reddit forum out.
    Welcome!
    Hannah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.